Watch live \_as the UK government gives an update on COVID-19 from 18:00 CET by clicking on the video player above._
Below are Wednesday's developments. Click here for Thursday' updates.
- Lockdown restrictions are relaxed in England from Wednesday as confusion persists
- UK economic output shrinks by 5.8% in March as COVID-19 death toll passes 38,000 - ONS
- Italy reports 1,402 new cases in large daily rise, mostly in Lombardy
- Britain's government unveiled a €680 million package to help care homes control the virus
- US Federal Reserve warns of prolonged recession from coronavirus crisis