The latest updates (see live blog below for details):
- The number of COVID-19 deaths worldwide passed 300,000 on Thursday, according to the Johns Hopkins University.
- US unemployment benefit applications hit 36 million in two months
- World Health Organization warns coronavirus may never be fully eradicated
- French pharma giant Sanofi irks Paris with US first for cure comment
UN Secretary-General calls for action on mental health to tackle 'psychological suffering'
England health body unveils 'game-changer' antibody tests
EU mulls legal action against Hungary as MEPs debate COVID-19 emergency powers
- Spain daily death toll rises above 200 for first time in five days
French 'can go on holiday in July and August,' says PM