Casey Affleck pulls out of presenting award at 2018 Oscars

Casey Affleck pulls out of presenting award at 2018 Oscars
By Emma Beswick
Share this articleComments
Share this articleClose Button

Affleck, who was sued for alleged sexual harassment by female crew members on an earlier film, was expected to present this year's Best Actress award.

ADVERTISEMENT

Casey Affleck will not be presenting an award at this years Oscars, an academy spokeswoman said on Thursday.

The actor, who last year won an Oscar for his performance in "Manchester by the Sea," was sued for alleged sexual harassment by two female crew members in 2010.

He was set to present the Best Actress award—a tradition for the previous year's winner of Best Actor.

The women said they were harassed during the making of the film "I'm Still Here".

Affleck denied the claims and the cases were settled out of court.

The Academy Awards spokeswoman said: "We appreciate the decision to keep the focus on the show and on the great work of this year."

Share this articleComments

You might also like

Oscar buzz for Casey Affleck

UN approves Gaza aid resolution without an appeal for ceasefire

Jury rejects rape claim against Donald Trump but finds him liable for sexual assault