Euronews videos are watched tens of millions of times every month on Youtube and Facebook.
That’s a lot of eyeballs and a lot of video! As we review the year, here’s what our English-language audience has watched the most on our social media pages in 2016.
And for those curious to know what our Italian, Russian, Arabic and other language audiences have been most interested in, check out our round-up at the bottom of the page.
Most viewed on our Youtube channel
- 1. Emotional wedding Haka moves Maori bride to tears in New Zealand
3.4m views (at time of publishing)
- 2. $50,000 humanoid robot built from scratch in Hong Kong
- 3. Terrifying footage: Fatal, mid-air explosion blasts hole in Somalian plane
Most shared on our Facebook page
- 1. Football fan consoled by a child
Shared 304K times
- 2. Violent brawl in Turkish parliament
Shared 25K times
- 3. The Dalai Lama does his comedy routine
Shared 17K times
…and here’s what our other language audiences have been watching in 2016:
- The crying French football fan
- Fighting ISIS in Iraq – our special report
- Things get ugly in Marseille between rival English and Russian fans Euro 2016. .
- Brawl in the Turkish parliament
- Israeli soldiers take child’s bike
- Spain’s controversial ‘Bull of Fire’ tradition.
- Chernobyl’s monument to nuclear plant tragedy
- And the winner is…Trump
- Trump escorted to safety at campaign rally
- Amnesty International’s Look Into My Eyes exercise
- Dangerous snowfall in Turkey
- The scary melting of the polar ice cap
- Femen’s Rohani protest
- The ongoing tragedy of migrant drownings
- Iraqi special forces take the fight to ISIS
- Living the simple life in Japan
- Russia threatens Turkey
- What would you do if you saw a lost-looking migrant child?
- Lighting the Olympic flame in Athens
- Child comforts crying French football fan
- The little girl who’s confronting racism