Summary of key developments
- The UK becomes worst-hit country in Europe as its COVID-19 death toll overtakes Italy's
- Government tally has the toll at 29,427 deaths but the Office of National Statistics put the figure beyond 30,000
- UK and US allege attempt to hack COVID-19 response operations
- Ryanair's O'Leary slams 'state aid junkies Lufthansa and Air France'
- Italian hairdressers angry as they remain under lockdown
- Will a coronavirus vaccine be accessible to all or for the privileged few?
- Britain rolled out its contact tracking app on Monday evening;
- France's government has said its own tracing app will be ready by June.