The couple who were wrongly accused of being behind the Gatwick drone said they feel "completely violated" after their identities were revealed in the media.
In a statement outside their home in Britain, the pair said:
"As you can probably imagine, we're feeling completely violated."
"Our home has been searched and our privacy and identity completely exposed. Our names, photos and other personal information have been broadcast throughout the world."
They added that they feel "deeply distressed" and are receiving medical care.
"The way we were initially perceived was disgusting, although those who knew us didn't doubt us for a second," they said in tears.
The couple was released by Sussex Police after 36 hours of questioning. Their pictures, taken from social media, appeared in a number of British newspapers. One front page asked: “Are these the morons who ruined Christmas?”
The pair were questioned as part of investigations into a drone that was spotted close to the runway at Gatwick Airport on Wednesday last week.
Flights were suspended for more than 36 hours affecting over 140,000 passengers.
On the investigation, the couple added: “Post-release without charge or further action, we are totally overwhelmed by the support we have received from the people all over the world and we would like to thank every single one that has done that.
"We would ask that the press please respect our privacy and leave us to try and get through Christmas as best we can.”
There may have been no drone
A detective leading the investigation at Britain's second busiest airport said there was a chance that the drone sightings were not genuine.
Det Ch Supt Tingley said there was "always a possibility that there may not have been any genuine drone activity in the first place.
The force later clarified that there had been 67 drone sightings but that no footage of a drone had been obtained.
Tingley added reported sightings made by the public were being investigated.