- Death toll now stands at 35
- Three more are charged with terrorism offences
- Safety tests carried out at airport
Officials in Belgium now say at least 35 people died in last Tuesday’s bomb attacks in Brussels.
Four people wounded in the attacks have died of their injuries in hospital.
Health Minister Maggie De Block announced the news on Twitter.
Four patients deceased in hospital. Medical teams did all possible. Total victims: 35. Courage to all the families. #BrusselsAttacks— Communicatie (@Maggie_DeBlock) March 28, 2016
28 of the victims have been identified. Six Belgians and nine foreign nationals died when bombs were detonated at Brussels airport.
10 Belgians and three foreign nationals died in the explosion on a metro train near Maelbeek station.
Belgium’s Foreign Minister Didier Reynders has said 40 nationalities are represented among the victims.
Belgian police say they have charged three more people with terrorism offences relating to last week’s attacks.
A fourth person has been released after questioning.
Officials will only say the three charged are Yassine A, Mohammed B and Aboubaker O.
No further details are available.
Airport remains closed
The airport at Zaventem remains closed.
Tests at the weekend showed the building is stable.
However no definitive date has yet been given for flights to resume.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.