13/12/13 13:58 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Two children have frozen to death in Syria as wintery storms sweep across the Middle East.
Syrian activists told AFP a six-year-old baby had died because he was in a war-damaged home exposed to the weather.
Snowfall, heavy rain and freezing temperatures have also hit Lebanon – where they are Syrian refugee camps – Jordan, Eygpt, Israel, Turkey and the Palestinian Territories.
In Jerusalem weather experts said it was the worst storm to hit the city for 60 years, with snow reported to be 50cm deep in some areas.
EU emissions rise revealed just months after COP21 climate deal
Iran bans female MP for ‘handshake with an unrelated man’
Analysis: Trump triumphs over rivals but faces uphill battle against Clinton
Video: Transgender woman ‘assaulted on New York subway’
Andy Murray joins Federer in not staying at Rio Olympic Village
Wires > News
- 02:13 CET Obama, Mexican president discuss immigration, anti-drugs fight -…
- 01:59 CET Philippine fishermen favour strong president to end China’s…
- 01:34 CET Air strikes hit camp in Syria, US condemns Assad statement
- 00:31 CET Trump says Britain would be better off without EU – Fox News
- 21:30 CET Depression reigns as EU presidents debate future of Europe
- 20:39 CET Ex-Venezuela parliament head sues News Corp over drug article
- 19:27 CET ‘Trump of the East’ widens lead in last poll before Philippine vote
- 19:15 CET Republicans grapple with whether to back Trump for White House