The father of the owner of the car used in Cambrils terror attack says he is innocent and only lent vehicle to his brother
The father of three of the alleged suspects in last week’s terror attacks in northern Spain has denied that all of them were involved.
Two of Ibrahim Aalla’s sons died in connection with the attacks, but a third, the owner of the Audi car used in Cambrils was released on bail on Tuesday.
So far two arrested members of the alleged terror cell have been charge with murder, one is still beinging questioned while Mohammed Aalla was released on bail.
“He didn’t do anything. He only lent the car to his brother. I didn’t know anything neither,” Ibrahim Aalla told reporters.
On Wednesday the interior ministers from Spain and France have held a minutes silence for the 15 victims. They have both emphasized the importance of intelligence sharing between the two countries.
Paris Prosecutor, Francois Molins has now confirmed that suspects of the Cambrils incident had travelled from Spain to Paris in the Audi car prior to the attacks..
“I don’t think anyone can believe today that this quick trip was decided just to buy a stills camera at the FNAC (French electronic products chain store) so we need to try and understand. We need to know the reasons for this trip, why they were here, was it to check out the scene, did they need to retrieve something, was it to meet people…”
Meanwhile Police in northern Spain are continuing to follow leads in the complex investigation, searching houses where the attackers lived.
A dozen Islamist militants suspected of involvement in the plot were either killed or have been arrested.