EventsEventsPodcasts
Loader
Find Us
ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame Paris terror attack suspect to be charged

Notre Dame Paris terror attack suspect to be charged
Copyright 
By Euronews
Published on
Share this articleComments
Share this articleClose Button
Copy/paste the article video embed link below:Copy to clipboardCopied

The hammer-wielding man suspected of attacking police officers patrolling outside Notre Dame Cathedral is to be charged.

ADVERTISEMENT

The hammer-wielding man suspected of attacking police officers patrolling outside Notre Dame Cathedral is being charged. Paris prosecutor François Molins told reporters on Sunday (June 10) that the man stands accused of attempted murder in connection with a terrorist enterprise. The 40-year-old Algerian suspect was not previously known to police and intelligence services.

“He evoked a solitary radicalization processes through Internet, and a written allegiance and filmed one at his home, excluding all contacts with anyone,” said François Molins, Paris Prosecutor, adding that the man made the decision to act a few days before, and left his home the morning of June 6 with this intention.”

The man reportedly shouted “This is for Syria” during the incident, which happened just two days after the London Bridge terror attack. The suspect was shot by police.

Molins hasn’t identified him by name, however he described him as a former journalist who has been legally resident in France.

Share this articleComments

You might also like

WATCH: "unprecedented" floods hit Craon in western France

French leaders condemn three teenagers charged with antisemitic rape

IOC gives 14 Russians, 11 Belarusians neutral status in Paris Olympics