What we know about Christmas market attack in Berlin
What we know
- At around 8pm CET on Monday, December 19, a lorry ploughed into a Christmas market in Berlin’s Breitscheidplatz in a deliberate attack.
- The death toll stands at 12, with 48 injured, 18 seriously according to German police.
- German interior minister Thomas de Maiziere says the attacker could still be at large.
- ISIL claims responsibility for the attack.
- A Pakistani asylum seeker who was arrested after having allegedly fled the scene of the attack, has now been released due to lack of evidence.
- Polish truck driver whose vehicle was used in attack was found dead in cab of lorry.
Where did the ‘attack’ happen?