Russia’s Defence Ministry claims there had been seven ceasefire violations in Syria in the space of 24 hours.
The news follows the posting of a video on social networks showing an air strike, either Russian or Syrian, said to have killed at least 19 in Abu al-Duhur in the northwest of the country.
The United Nations says peace talks will commence on March 14 in Geneva.
Jessy Chahine, the United Nations Special Envoy for Syria said: “So the invitations are still the same, we have not issued any new invitations, and as far as the parties invited are concerned, it is the government, the HNC and individuals involved in the Cairo and Moscow meetings as per Security Council resolution 2254.”
Meanwhile, in the US a senior General has appealed to the Senate for permission to train Syrian opposition forces.