World news about “Consumer Protection” published by euronews.
Eileen Chubb blew the whistle over mistreatment of patients in BUPA care homes 16 years ago. She paid a high price for it. Yet is determined to keep fighting abuse and advocates a new law to protect whistleblowers, through her charity Compassion in Care. She speaks of her…
14/12 14:09 CET
A British pharmaceuticals giant has been forced to pull a bestselling…
U TALK | 13/11 08:24 CET
The safety of new types of food products is a concern for Euronews…
U TALK | 06/11 08:30 CET
This week on Utalk the question comes from Jane in Dublin, who asks…
BRUSSELS BUREAU | 04/11 13:17 CET
Certain meat-based foods sold in supermarkets in the European Union…
BUSINESS LINE | 21/10 18:26 CET
Several years after the global financial crisis Europe’s banks…
FUTURIS | 20/07 11:43 CET
Most of the food we buy is packed in plastic, metal or other…
FUTURIS | 20/07 11:42 CET
Are we safe from harmful chemicals when we buy plastic-packaged food…
U TALK | 03/07 08:39 CET
Concerns about food products from cloned animals are preoccupying Emma…
- 19/06 - U TALK - Holiday cancellations: what are my rights?
- 15/05 - U TALK - Impact of ‘geoblocking’ on e-commerce
- 24/04 - U TALK - The Importance of the CE Mark for Toys
- 25/02 - U TALK - What you need to know about opening a bank account abroad
- 13/02 - FOCUS - EU-US trade: hopes and fears
- 28/01 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Shining a light on the Dark Net
- 28/01 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Dark net: full debate
- 23/01 - U TALK - The devil in the detail: know your rights in service contracts
- 10/12 - U TALK - Choose carefully – the safety and quality of toys and games
- 28/11 - U TALK - Retailers’ obligations to customers
- 17/11 - FUTURIS - Fresh and safe from field to plate
- 29/09 - FUTURIS - Do you know: which material keeps food best for longest?
- 10/07 - THE NETWORK - The Network: is digital killing jobs?
- 04/07 - U TALK - New rights for consumers in the EU
- 30/05 - Google launches ‘right to be forgotten’ webform for removal…
- 11/04 - U TALK - Consumer concerns around 3D printing
- 06/01 - RIGHT ON - Big Data, Big Brother and the death of privacy in the digital age
- 02/01 - Wal-mart in China: donkey and fox meat alert
- 23/12 - RIGHT ON - Stay a happy shopper
- 20/12 - U TALK - Consumer rights of coach passengers in Europe
- 11/12 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Festive fakes – how counterfeiters are cashing in on Christmas
- 11/12 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Counterfeit Christmas: Full Debate
- 11/12 - ON THE FRONTLINE - The real damage to brands
- 28/10 - RIGHT ON - Don’t get angry, file a claim!
- 28/10 - RIGHT ON - Size does matter in small claims
- 14/10 - RIGHT ON - Get prepared for the digital future!
- 14/10 - RIGHT ON - Do you know your online rights?
- 09/05 - I TALK - Is austerity a threat to EU health policy?
- 22/03 - BUSINESS PLANET - Eco-labels: a smart strategy
- 18/03 - RIGHT ON - Don’t rip me off!
- 07/01 - RIGHT ON - Careful what you click on!
- 07/01 - RIGHT ON - Privacy versus new information technology
- 07/01 - RIGHT ON - Is it too late to police the web?
- 21/12 - RIGHT ON - Bad toys banned from Santa’s list
- 12/11 - RIGHT ON - Give me what you owe me!
- 12/11 - RIGHT ON - Is the EU small claims system working?
- 25/06 - RIGHT ON - When things go wrong abroad
- 28/05 - RIGHT ON - Bonus ITV: The European Consumer Centre Ireland
- 28/05 - RIGHT ON - When holidays become horror days
- 11/05 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: the return of Europe’s Achilles heel
- 27/04 - U TALK - Protecting your internet purchases
- 02/04 - RIGHT ON - Our fundamental rights exposed
- 02/04 - RIGHT ON - Bonus ITV: Florian Geyer, Directorate General Justice, European Commission
- 02/04 - RIGHT ON - Reporter’s afterthought
- 08/12 - THE NETWORK - Toy safety on The Network
- 23/09 - U TALK - Food labelling: country of origin
- 02/09 - U TALK - Empowering e-consumers
- 12/08 - U TALK - What’s on my plate? EU food labelling rules
- 22/04 - U TALK - Internet shoppers and their rights
- 03/06 - FUTURIS - Sea to plate: a cool route
- 12/06 - France latest court to order Google to dump personal data on request
- 30/04 - Beijing bans outdoor kebab vendors to curb pollution
- 03/04 - Sanctions uncertainty pushes Russia closer to recession
- 17/03 - Eurozone inflation falls to four-year low
- 13/12 - In Bitcoins we don’t trust, says EU banking watchdog
- 21/11 - Hungary competition watchdog fines banks over mortgage cartel
- 21/10 - Starbucks prices criticised in China
- 08/07 - Science: Sunscreen truth
- 20/06 - Food safety takes centre stage in China
- 14/06 - Mobile phone roaming fees set to go
- 07/06 - Americans split over claims of online privacy violations
- 08/05 - Consumer groups hail EU plan to create ‘right’ to have a bank…
- 02/04 - Apple sorry for big trouble in not so little China
- 26/03 - Phishing – don’t take the bait
- 25/02 - KFC revamps its reputation in China
- 25/02 - Horsemeat forces meatballs off the menu at IKEA
- 16/02 - Still more horse meat found in European ‘beef’ products
- 16/02 - EU launches testing programme in escalating horse meat scandal
- 15/02 - EU backs DNA tests in wake of horsemeat crisis
- 13/02 - Belgian shoppers fret over horsemeat scandal
- 11/02 - Stakes raised in the horsemeat scandal