Fans of Real Madrid gathered around the city’s Cibeles Fountain on Saturday night to celebrate their heroes’ Champions League final victory over neighbours Atletico Madrid after a tense penalty…
ITALY - 29/05 00:33 CET
Real Madrid have won the Champions League beating Atlético Madrid in a penalty shoot out in the San Siro in Milan.
PARIS - 28/05 19:19 CET
The majority of those injured are thought to be children, six are seriously hurt
GREECE - 28/05 18:37 CET
The Russian President joined celebrations marking the 1,000 th anniversary of the Russian presence at Mount Athos.
FRANCE - 28/05 18:29 CET
Following a meeting between the government and oil industry representatives, Transport Minister Alain Vidalies said the…
SPAIN - 28/05 16:12 CET
Another Champions league final and another Madrid ding-dong derby.
SPAIN - 28/05 14:51 CET
Home but away clash for Spanish titans Atletico and Real as Madrid and the rest of Spain holds its breath.
GREECE - 28/05 12:33 CET
Horses poke their heads out of a stable window in Pontoiraklia, Greece. Credit: Reuters/Marko Djurica
SPAIN - 28/05 03:10 CET
Euronews is in the Italian city of Milan ahead of today’s (May 28) Champions League final between Real Madrid and Atletico…
GREECE - 28/05 01:40 CET
Russian President Vladimir Putin received full military honours and a warm welcome at Athens airport for his first visit to…
TURKEY - 27/05 22:21 CET
Turkey has accused the United States of being two-faced for continuing to support the YPG, a Kurdish militia group fighting in…
ITALY - 27/05 22:03 CET
Champions League preview: revenge in the air as Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid prepare to do battle
A club from Madrid will rule Europe come Saturday night but will it be Real or…
FRANCE - 27/05 21:57 CET
Strikes over labour reforms have left fuel in short supply in France.
ITALY - 27/05 20:30 CET
Overnight leader Steven Kruijswijk lost his race lead following a disastrous…
UNITED KINGDOM - 27/05 19:33 CET
Much has been said about the UK-EU referendum recently.
GREECE - 27/05 17:42 CET
A Greek archaeologist believes he has found the final resting place of Aristotle, one of the world’s greatest philosophers.
SWEDEN - 27/05 17:40 CET
One of the newest additions to the Swedish Royal Family has been baptised in a ceremony steeped in tradition.
FRANCE - 27/05 17:40 CET
Rafa Nadal’s hopes of a record-extending tenth French Open title will have to wait another year after the Spaniard withdrew from…
GREECE - 27/05 17:30 CET
Russian President Vladimir Putin and Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras are expected to focus on trade and investment during…
BULGARIA - 27/05 16:29 CET
Business Planet meets Bulgarian entrepreneur Lyubomir Yanchev winner of the ’2015 Young Digital Talent of the Year’…
SWEDEN - 27/05 16:22 CET
The world is witnessing the biggest refugee crisis since World War ll.
MANCHESTER - 27/05 16:21 CET
Jose Mourinho says his appointment as manager of Manchester United has come at the perfect time in his career.
ROME - 27/05 14:38 CET
Works by the artist known as Banksy are going on display for the first time in Rome’s Palazzo Cipolla Museum.
SPAIN - 27/05 13:34 CET
Banco Popular’s share price continued to fall on Friday after it announced a second 2.5 billion euro sale of new shares in…
CANNES - 27/05 11:12 CET
As the glitter settles on the Croisette, let’s take a look at some of the films that left an impression at this year’s Cannes…
GREECE - 27/05 11:11 CET
Vassiliki and Kostis got married in 2008, but it was only about a year ago that they had their first child.
HUNGARY - 27/05 08:09 CET
To arrest historic population decline Hungary is paying couples generously to have children and build homes. But is the ruling…
HUNGARY - 27/05 08:08 CET
We spoke to Katalin Novák, the Hungarian State Secretary for the Family.
HUNGARY - 27/05 08:07 CET
We have a talk with political analyst and the Director of the Political…
FRANCE - 27/05 03:53 CET
Strike action over changes to the French labour law have disrupted many cities across the country.
- 26/05 - BELGIUM - The Brief from Brussels: Brexit vote too close to call, Putin set for Greek visit
- 26/05 - GREECE - Greek police clear Idomeni camp
- 26/05 - SPAIN - Faster internet speeds for Europe from Microsoft and Facebook
- 26/05 - RUSSIA - Russia says Savchenko exchange deal was not linked to Minsk accords
- 26/05 - UKRAINE - Leaders ‘influenced Putin’ over Savchenko release, say Ukraine pilot’s lawyers
- 26/05 - UNITED KINGDOM - Mourinho to become Man United manager
- 26/05 - FRANCE - France holds international commemorations to mark the centenary of the Battle of Verdun
- 26/05 - HUNGARY - Fashion retailers decide weather or not
- 26/05 - AUSTRIA - Austria launches probe into alleged postal vote irregularities
- 26/05 - FRANCE - France PM Valls hints at tweaks to labour laws as strikes and protests go on
- 26/05 - FRANCE - French police arrest man on low-level terror watch list
- 26/05 - NETHERLANDS - Dutch court agrees extradition of French terror suspect
- 26/05 - UNITED KINGDOM - High UK migration totals feed into Brexit debate
- 26/05 - SPAIN - Third night of riots rock Barcelona’s Gràcia district
- 26/05 - FRANCE - Family of late Jules Bianchi to sue FIA
- 26/05 - FRANCE - Strikes in France – the history of disputes and failed reform
- 26/05 - ITALY - Former Hollywood stars’ classic cars on show in Italy
- 26/05 - UNITED KINGDOM - The UK’s legal high ban: raising more problems than solutions?
- 26/05 - UNITED KINGDOM - UK business investment falls
- 26/05 - UNITED KINGDOM - Brexit blog: what you need to know as the UK-EU referendum looms
- 26/05 - ITALY - Awesome Mount Etna erupts again!
- 26/05 - SALZBURG - West Side Story in Salzburg, the operatic emotion
- 26/05 - FRANCE - France: Nuclear strike raises stakes in showdown over labour reforms
- 26/05 - FRANCE - Groundbreaking study sheds light on Neanderthal life
- 26/05 - CANNES - Cannes: the winners
- 25/05 - BELGIUM - The Brief from Brussels: Eurogroup approves cash for Athens, Nadiya Savchenko freed
- 25/05 - GERMANY - Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 25/05 - FRANCE - French nuclear workers vote to join strike against labour laws
- 25/05 - UNITED KINGDOM - Brexit fears and the future according to Google
- 25/05 - BUDAPEST - Russia-Hungary meeting ahead of EU sanctions decision
- 25/05 - GERMANY - Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 25/05 - ITALY - Overcrowded fishing boat capsizes off Italian coast, 500 migrants rescued
- 25/05 - NETHERLANDS - Ajax appoint Bosz as new manager
- 25/05 - RUSSIA - Russians jailed in Ukraine return to Moscow in Savchenko exchange deal
- 25/05 - UNITED KINGDOM - Arsenal sign Switzerland international Xhaka
- 25/05 - UKRAINE - Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
- 25/05 - UNITED KINGDOM - When is the EU referendum, What is Brexit and 8 other questions about the vote
- 25/05 - TURKEY - Humanitarian Summit spotlight on the economics of aid
- 25/05 - BRUSSELS - EU to make online shopping easier with ban on geo-blocking
- 25/05 - SALZBURG - Center stage: Salzburg Whitsun Festival
- 25/05 - UKRAINE - Ukrainian pilot Savchenko back in Kyiv after 2 years in Russian jail
- 25/05 - SPAIN - Mary Beard wins Princess of Asturias Award for Social Sciences
- 25/05 - DENMARK - New tech to protect Denmark’s wind turbines from erosion
- 25/05 - FRANCE - France: CGT union calls for further strikes
- 25/05 - FLORENCE - Road collapse plunges parked cars into Florence underwater pipeline
- 25/05 - ROSTOV - Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko ‘has arrived in Kyiv’ in prisoner swap with Russia
- 25/05 - GREECE - Europe throws Greece a 10.3-billion-euro lifeline
- 25/05 - HUNGARY - Hungarian rock band raises awareness about multiple sclerosis through music
- 25/05 - FRANCE - More fuel frustration as French pickets refuse to back down
- 25/05 - EU-TURKEY - Turkey warns EU migrant deal could collapse if visa-waiver isn’t speeded up
- 24/05 - BELGIUM - The Brief from Brussels: Greek debt still divides the eurozone
- 24/05 - PARIS - Paris attacks: victims families seek answers
- 24/05 - FRANCE - France defender Varane ruled out of Euro 2016 with injury
- 24/05 - TURKEY - UN chief Ban voices disappointment as World Humanitarian Summit closes
- 24/05 - RUSSIA - Fourteen Russian athletes test positive from 2008 Olympics
- 24/05 - FRANCE - IMF urges France to speed up reforms to create jobs and cut debt
- 24/05 - ISTANBUL - World Humanitarian Summit calls for shift of emphasis from response to prevention of refugee crisis
- 24/05 - AUSTRIA - Austria’s Freedom Party ‘not far-right’, says Norbert Hofer
- 24/05 - GREECE - Idomeni: Greece says operation to clear camp going smoothly
- 24/05 - TURKEY - Out with the old… Cabinet changes in Turkish AKP reflect pro-Erdogan stance
- 24/05 - FRANCE - French fuel strike: frustration at the pumps and an investment warning
- 24/05 - BELGIUM - Tens of thousands march against Belgian austerity reforms in Brussels
- 24/05 - SPAIN - Champions League final: Ronaldo limps out of training but insists he’ll be fit for finale
- 24/05 - FRANCE - Special elite police units to help guard Tour de France
- 24/05 - UNITED KINGDOM - Travis are back with ‘Everything at Once’
- 24/05 - AUSTRIA - Is the far-right on the rise again in Europe?
- 24/05 - BRUSSELS - No ‘haircut’ for Greece as Eurogroup hold bailout talks
- 24/05 - PARIS - Google Paris HQ raided by French investigators over tax payments
- 24/05 - FRANCE - France blockades hit ‘all’ oil refineries as labour dispute hardens
- 24/05 - GERMANY - Moody’s downgrades Deutsche Bank’s credit rating