Portugal progressed to the semi-finals of the European championship for a second consecutive time and for a fifth time overall after beating Poland 5-3 on…
SLOVAKIA - 30/06 22:40 CET
This is the Brief from Brussels, a round-up of all the top stories from across Europe.
ISTANBUL - 30/06 21:57 CET
A Turkish government official says the three suspected bombers in the Ataturk Airport attack hail from Russia, Uzbekistan and…
LONDON - 30/06 18:59 CET
The Bank of England’s Governor Mark Carney has said more stimulus will probably been needed for the UK economy over the…
ITALY - 30/06 18:52 CET
Ten women have died as a migrant boat took on water off the coast of Libya, while 107 people have been rescued, according to the…
DENMARK - 30/06 18:52 CET
Denmark has used the controversial law to seize migrants assests for the first time since it was introduced in January.
ISTANBUL - 30/06 18:48 CET
A makeshift memorial has taken place in Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport to pay tribute to 15 employees killed in Tuesday’s (June 28)…
ITALY - 30/06 18:47 CET
Hundreds of family and friends have attended the funeral of Italian actor Carlo Pedersoli, better known as Bud Spencer.
UNITED KINGDOM - 30/06 17:56 CET
They are up and running and the prize is the key to Number 10 Downing Street.
UNITED KINGDOM - 30/06 16:41 CET
The race is officially underway to choose the new leader of the UK’s governing Conservative Party – and the…
GERMANY - 30/06 15:57 CET
Currently in Europe, manufacturers of glyphosate have asked to have their European Internal Market licence renewed. But many are…
LONDON - 30/06 15:44 CET
George Soros has told the European Parliament that Britain’s vote to leave the European Union was a “great…
ISTANBUL - 30/06 15:38 CET
A Turkish government official says the three suspected bombers in the Ataturk…
UNITED KINGDOM - 30/06 14:52 CET
Birdy seems to have been around forever, the British singer surging into the…
BRUSSELS - 30/06 14:27 CET
Turkey defied pressure from the European Union on Thursday to amend its anti-terrorism laws, saying that a suicide bomb attack…
BERLIN - 30/06 14:24 CET
Berlin fashion week has been showcasing its “Fashion Fusion” and “Smart Fashion” exhibits designers hope set the pointers for…
TURKEY - 30/06 12:49 CET
The triple suicide bomb attack at Istanbul’s Atatürk international airport killed at least 42 and injured nearly 239 others.
FRANCE - 30/06 11:52 CET
Plastic bags will be banned in France from July 1.
TURKEY - 30/06 11:40 CET
Turkish police and special forces have raided more than a dozen suspected ISIL cells in the cities of Istanbul and Izmir.
UNITED KINGDOM - 30/06 03:12 CET
The battle to elect a replacement for David Cameron as leader of Britain’s…
BRUSSELS - 30/06 01:34 CET
EU leaders meeting for the first time in 40 years without their British…
ISTANBUL - 29/06 23:56 CET
Euronews reporter Omer Gulel was travelling home to Istanbul when the attack at Ataturk airport happened.
ISTANBUL - 29/06 23:41 CET
Death toll rises to 42 in Istanbul airport attack First funerals take place of…
ISTANBUL - 29/06 22:51 CET
Families and friends of those killed in the Ataturk airport attack have…
BRUSSELS - 29/06 22:50 CET
In this episode: EU leaders look for an amicable divorce between Britain and Brussels; Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon…
UNITED KINGDOM - 29/06 21:46 CET
Britain has voted to leave the European Union, but what about those areas that wanted to stay in, such as Scotland and Northern…
LUXEMBOURG - 29/06 21:31 CET
Two French whistleblowers have been convicted in the so-called LuxLeaks tax scandal, but have avoided jail.
RUSSIA - 29/06 21:22 CET
President Vladimir Putin has extended a Russian ban on food products from Western countries until the end of 2017.
FRANCE - 29/06 20:00 CET
The Stade Velodrome in Marseille hosts the first quarter-final of the Euro 2016 when Poland take on Portugal in a bid to reach…
TURKEY - 29/06 19:46 CET
At least 41 are dead and 239 have been injured after a gun and bomb attack inside Turkey’s biggest flight hub.
- 29/06 - ISTANBUL - Atatürk Airport attack – why did it happen?
- 29/06 - BRUSSELS - Nicola Sturgeon gets ‘sympathetic’ reception in Brussels over Brexit
- 29/06 - TURKEY - Russia and Turkey agree to ‘normalise’ trade and economic relations
- 29/06 - ISTANBUL - Passengers flying out of Ataturk Airport express shock at bloodshed
- 29/06 - BRUSSELS - EU’s Tusk tells UK no ‘a la carte’ access to single market
- 29/06 - BELFAST - Brexit sharpens the focus on the future of Northern Ireland and the border with the Republic of Ireland
- 29/06 - TURKEY - Ataturk Airport attack puts more pressure on Turkish tourism industry
- 29/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - Cameron: UK will have to accept good with bad in Brexit negotiations
- 29/06 - LONDON - Hockney exhibition offers intimate snapshot of the Los Angeles art world
- 29/06 - NETHERLANDS - Plastic fantastic: Dutch company trials method of cleaning the oceans
- 29/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - Scotland’s First Minister travels to Brussels
- 29/06 - LONDON - “We are with the EU!”
- 29/06 - TURKEY - Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 29/06 - TURKEY - Turkey terror attack: Istanbul reacts
- 29/06 - TURKEY - Ataturk Airport – what we know
- 29/06 - BERLIN - Berlin Fashion Week: Erik Frenken takes a walk on the casual side
- 29/06 - BELGIUM - EU 27 meet in Brussels – and the UK is not invited
- 29/06 - TURKEY - World condemns Turkey airport attack
- 29/06 - TURKEY - Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 29/06 - TURKEY - European Union leaders speak with one voice over Istanbul airport attacks
- 29/06 - TURKEY - Stranded on plane during Istanbul terror attacks – euronews journalist reports
- 29/06 - TURKEY - Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 29/06 - BRUSSELS - UK PM Cameron bows out at ‘final EU summit’
- 28/06 - PARIS - PSG appoint Emery as new coach
- 28/06 - LYON - France: deadly fire engulfs chemical plant near Lyon
- 28/06 - PARIS - Thousands protest in France as Senate approves controversial labour law
- 28/06 - FRANCE - Iceland’s fairytale continues as England crash out
- 28/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - Britain faces higher taxes and spending cuts after Brexit vote – finance minister
- 28/06 - BRUSSELS - The EU is finished after Brexit vote, says UKIP’s Farage
- 28/06 - WOLFSBURG - Volkswagen to pay historic 15.3 billion dollars for cheating US emissions tests
- 28/06 - BRUSSELS - UK’s Cameron faces EU leaders after Brexit vote
- 28/06 - BRUSSELS - ‘‘Chères collègues, do not let Scotland down now!”
- 28/06 - LONDON - Fears of contagion in Europe after UK Brexit vote
- 28/06 - LONDON - UK: Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn loses confidence vote in wake of Brexit vote
- 28/06 - FRANKFURT - ECB’s Draghi focuses on monetary policy alignment rather than Brexit
- 28/06 - TURKEY - What is behind Turkey’s recent diplomatic push?
- 28/06 - EDINBURGH - ‘Scotland’s voice will be heard’ – Sturgeon vows to fight to maintain EU ties
- 28/06 - BRUSSELS - Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
- 28/06 - EDINBURGH - Brexit could lead to a second independence referendum in Scotland
- 28/06 - LONDON - Standard & Poor’s strips UK of AAA credit rating
- 28/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - Racist attacks on the rise in UK since Brexit?
- 28/06 - BRUSSELS - EU leaders gather for the post-Brexit summit in Brussels
- 28/06 - BERLIN - Germany says UK will not be allowed to ‘cherry pick’ over Brexit deal
- 28/06 - BRUSSELS - Brexit: bitter exchanges inside EU parliament
- 28/06 - GREECE - The necropolis of Orthi Petra opens a window to the Homeric world
- 28/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - London needs greater autonomy after Brexit vote, mayor says
- 28/06 - MOLDOVA - Ex-Moldovan PM is jailed for nine years for abuse of power
- 27/06 - FRANCE - England exit via Iceland; Italy knock out holders Spain
- 27/06 - ITALY - Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 27/06 - MADRID - Victory for the Popular Party, but is it enough to end Spain’s political deadlock?
- 27/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - Britain loses its triple A credit rating as pound plunges
- 27/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - Post-Brexit continental trade and an independent Scotland
- 27/06 - GERMANY - Germany, Italy and France rule out informal talks on Brexit
- 27/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - Were Brexit campaigners straight with voters over claims?
- 27/06 - KRAKOW - Science and technology boom in Malopolska, Poland
- 27/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - London faces loss of big names as businesses look to beat Brexit by going abroad
- 27/06 - LONDON - Cameron to leave EU negotiations to new PM, but says Brexit must be accepted
- 27/06 - TURKEY - Erdogan writes to Kremlin to end rift over downed jet
- 27/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - Massive British referendum petition hijacked
- 27/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - ‘No Article 50 for now’: Britain in no rush towards Brexit door
- 27/06 - SPAIN - Spain’s political parties consider coalition, but not with Rajoy
- 27/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - British finance minister breaks Brexit silence and markets shrug
- 27/06 - TURKEY - Israel and Turkey end six-year diplomatic rift
- 27/06 - FRANCE - 360° video: A day with Irish football fans in France
- 27/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - Interview with think tank Open Europe on split in the EU
- 27/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - Broken promises: SNP councillor on Scotland post-Brexit
- 27/06 - UNITED KINGDOM - Music lovers mourn Brexit at Glastonbury
- 27/06 - SPAIN - Skincare science under the sea
- 27/06 - SPAIN - Takeaway: the secret of youth
- 27/06 - GREECE - A volunteer’s perspective from the refugee camps in northern Greece