BREAKING NEWS

Now Reading:

'We will not forget them' - Sting headlines as Paris' Bataclan reopens


France

'We will not forget them' - Sting headlines as Paris' Bataclan reopens

A year after militants gunned down 90 people at the Bataclan in Paris, the music venue has reopened.

Security was tight for Saturday’s concert, headlined by Rock star Sting.

All one thousand tickets for the gig sold out in “less than 30 minutes,” according to the Bataclan.

Relatives of those affected by last year’s attack were among those attending.

“My son was part of the Bataclan team and we lived through that together, So we are coming back this year to close the loop,” said one woman.

A man added: “It’s a special moment. I think we must keep on having fun, and go to concerts, and live like we did before. We can’t let them win.”

Sting opened his performance with a minute’s silence, telling the crowd “we will not forget them.”

Proceeds from the concert will go to two charities helping survivors of the Paris attacks.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article

world news

Pakistan: dozens killed in Muslim shrine blast claimed by ISIL