By Chris HarrisFollow @lyonanglais
08/04/14 20:23 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A senior government minister in North Korea has been “executed by flame-thrower”, according to media reports.
The paper said the horrific execution method was employed because Mr O, who headed up the ministry of public security, had turned the department into a “personal protection squad” for Mr Jang.
North Korea’s controversial leader branded Mr Jang, once one of the most powerful men in the country, “despicable human scum worse than a dog”. He was executed after a military tribunal found him guilty of treason.
The regime has now executed or interned 11 high-ranking officials with links to Mr Jang, according to Chosun Ilbo.
Three members of Jang’s family have also been executed, including his sister and her husband, added the paper.
By Chris HarrisMore about:
- 1Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 2What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 3Lionel Messi retires from international football
- 4Paris and Berlin agree on a strategy following Britain’s shock exit vote
- 5Iceland’s new President Gudni Johannesson off to France for the football
Wires > News
- 16:54 CET IS Syria stronghold Raqqa next after Manbij operation is completed…
- 16:32 CET Former pope Benedict makes rare appearance with successor Francis
- 16:14 CET Top U.S. Republican wants trade talks with Britain
- 16:12 CET Russia says U.S. warship in near miss with Russian vessel in…
- 15:51 CET Germany sees rise in far-right violence, warns of ‘terrorist…
- 15:50 CET French unions lead labour law protest before meeting PM
- 15:23 CET Jailed Bahraini activist taken to hospital with heart problems -…
- 15:21 CET Lebanon fears more attacks after multiple suicide bombings