By Chris HarrisFollow @lyonanglais
08/04/14 20:23 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A senior government minister in North Korea has been “executed by flame-thrower”, according to media reports.
The paper said the horrific execution method was employed because Mr O, who headed up the ministry of public security, had turned the department into a “personal protection squad” for Mr Jang.
North Korea’s controversial leader branded Mr Jang, once one of the most powerful men in the country, “despicable human scum worse than a dog”. He was executed after a military tribunal found him guilty of treason.
The regime has now executed or interned 11 high-ranking officials with links to Mr Jang, according to Chosun Ilbo.
Three members of Jang’s family have also been executed, including his sister and her husband, added the paper.
By Chris HarrisMore about:
Wires > News
- 10:15 CET Two Tunisians killed in landmine blast near Algerian border -…
- 10:13 CET Bahrain toughens jail term on opposition leader to nine years -…
- 10:10 CET U.S.-backed Syrian alliance widens offensive near IS capital
- 09:58 CET EU’s Juncker plans to visit Russia in June
- 09:18 CET More than 20 killed in series of bombings in Baghdad, police says
- 09:07 CET Turk formin to launch process of re-opening Tripoli embassy -…
- 09:04 CET Three people killed in flooding in southwestern Germany
- 09:01 CET New photo of Japanese hostage appears with message pleading for…