China’s first carrier-borne J15 fighter jets were displayed for public to see Wednesday in Xi’an of northwest China’s Shaanxi Province.
The jets exhibited for the public to see are originated from its prototype jet number “555”. As of October, the J15 fighter has carried out thousands of tests and accumulated data of thousands of flying hours.
“[J15 fighter] is mainly designed to meet the demands of take-off and landing on aircraft carriers while it is also a fighter in a war. According to the current result of development and tests, its take-off and landing performances, mobility and maintainability all meet requirements,” said Wang Yongqing, chief designer of the J15 fighter jet.
It is said that J15 fighter is currently preparing the next flying test on the “Liaoning” aircraft carrier and will undertake tests of comprehensive capabilities and cooperation with the aircraft carrier. In the near future, the jet will be tested at night and complex weather conditions.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies in Spain
Striking photos of the ‘not at all blue’ moon
UAE petrol prices start riding high
David Cameron moves to protect children from online porn
And also… Porn on parliament computers; crowdfunding for historic space suit; and drunk badger sleeps it off on beach
Wires > News
- 04:05 CET Mexico City prosecutor confirms killing of news photographer
- 03:17 CET U.N. states agree post-2015 sustainable development agenda
- 00:46 CET Nigeria’s army says rescued 178 captives of Boko Haram
- 22:44 CET Rouhani says nuclear deal a ‘third way’ for Iranian foreign policy
- 21:48 CET Saudi Arabian king leaves France after holiday controversy
- 21:21 CET Egypt president signs elections law – official gazette
- 19:49 CET Israel approves jailing Jewish militants without trial to resolve…
- 19:33 CET Plane skids off Indonesian runway, three injured and airport closed