08/11/13 16:24 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
China’s first carrier-borne J15 fighter jets were displayed for public to see Wednesday in Xi’an of northwest China’s Shaanxi Province.
The jets exhibited for the public to see are originated from its prototype jet number “555”. As of October, the J15 fighter has carried out thousands of tests and accumulated data of thousands of flying hours.
“[J15 fighter] is mainly designed to meet the demands of take-off and landing on aircraft carriers while it is also a fighter in a war. According to the current result of development and tests, its take-off and landing performances, mobility and maintainability all meet requirements,” said Wang Yongqing, chief designer of the J15 fighter jet.
It is said that J15 fighter is currently preparing the next flying test on the “Liaoning” aircraft carrier and will undertake tests of comprehensive capabilities and cooperation with the aircraft carrier. In the near future, the jet will be tested at night and complex weather conditions.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Wires > News
- 17:27 CET West cooperating secretly with Damascus against militants – Assad
- 17:18 CET Hungary minister says might vote to quit EU if government held…
- 17:10 CET Yugoslav tribunal upholds sentences against Bosnian Serbs
- 16:58 CET Slovakia says western members can’t dictate EU future after Brexit
- 16:55 CET British American Tobacco vows to investigate child workers in…
- 16:51 CET Human smugglers hail Uber drivers to take migrants to U.S.-Mexico…
- 16:45 CET Best foot forward – Thai elephant gets her ninth prosthetic leg
- 16:44 CET Islamic State kills Christian priest in Egypt’s North Sinai