21/08/12 16:38 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Rumours regularly surface that Israel is close to launching a military strike on Iran over its nuclear programme which immediately leads to counter threats by Tehran.
The internal conflict in Syria is threatening to spill out across the Middle East. Meanwhile, Egypt struggles to maintain stability on the Sinai peninsula following last year’s uprising.
Where does this leave Israel? Just how vulnerable is the Jewish state. Is there any truth to rumours that Israel poisoned the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat?
You can watch our full interview with Mark Regev, spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu online.
Syrian government: “Europe is guilty of many strategic mistakes”
Rights and reforms: Iran’s post-election challenges
“The Devil’s Job”: ex-Vatican Bank chief Tedeschi on finance and morality
Prince Ali bin al Hussein’s bid to ‘clean up’ FIFA
Terror, anti-Semitism and peace: Israel’s Ambassador to France meets euronews
Wires > News
- 17:03 CET Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile…
- 16:48 CET Turkey’s Erdogan – No Muslim family should engage in birth control
- 16:36 CET Big cats removed from Thailand’s infamous Tiger Temple
- 16:35 CET Brother of Paris attacker on trial over militant training
- 16:20 CET Bodies of U.S. climbers left on Tibetan peak out of respect
- 16:16 CET Mauritius ramps up security after gunshots fired on French embassy
- 15:53 CET Former Chad president Habre found guilty of crimes against humanity
- 15:49 CET Four people killed in flooding and storms in southwestern Germany