21/08/12 16:38 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Rumours regularly surface that Israel is close to launching a military strike on Iran over its nuclear programme which immediately leads to counter threats by Tehran.
The internal conflict in Syria is threatening to spill out across the Middle East. Meanwhile, Egypt struggles to maintain stability on the Sinai peninsula following last year’s uprising.
Where does this leave Israel? Just how vulnerable is the Jewish state. Is there any truth to rumours that Israel poisoned the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat?
You can watch our full interview with Mark Regev, spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu online.
- 1Massive petition calls for EU referendum re-run
- 2What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 3David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 4Will English remain as the de facto EU official language?
- 5‘No need to be nasty’ Merkel wants clear-headed Brexit talks
Wires > News
- 02:24 CET Expanded Panama Canal – Bigger ships, bigger paydays for beans…
- 00:44 CET Germany’s Merkel signals sober separation from EU ‘partner’ Britain
- 22:42 CET Colombia to offer tax breaks for development under peace deal
- 21:00 CET Somali Islamist militants attack hotel in Mogadishu
- 20:40 CET South Sudan forces, armed groups clash, displacing civilians – U.N
- 20:15 CET Belgium arrests two over ‘terrorist’ activity
- 19:58 CET Nine drown when boat capsizes in Kenya
- 19:32 CET U.S. Coast Guard suspends search for Florida family lost at sea