21/08/12 16:38 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Rumours regularly surface that Israel is close to launching a military strike on Iran over its nuclear programme which immediately leads to counter threats by Tehran.
The internal conflict in Syria is threatening to spill out across the Middle East. Meanwhile, Egypt struggles to maintain stability on the Sinai peninsula following last year’s uprising.
Where does this leave Israel? Just how vulnerable is the Jewish state. Is there any truth to rumours that Israel poisoned the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat?
You can watch our full interview with Mark Regev, spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu online.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Syrian government: “Europe is guilty of many strategic mistakes”
Rights and reforms: Iran’s post-election challenges
“The Devil’s Job”: ex-Vatican Bank chief Tedeschi on finance and morality
Prince Ali bin al Hussein’s bid to ‘clean up’ FIFA
Terror, anti-Semitism and peace: Israel’s Ambassador to France meets euronews
Wires > News
- 13:29 CET Russia withdraws 30 aircraft from Syria – TASS cites defence…
- 13:23 CET Russia to form three new military divisions to counter NATO
- 13:21 CET EU proposes scheme to share out asylum seekers
- 13:20 CET Turkey will keep responding to rocket fire from Syria – Erdogan
- 13:15 CET Bangladeshi group met in parks, plotted attacks, says Singapore
- 13:06 CET Tanker leaves east Libyan port without loading, amid stand-off…
- 12:55 CET China to carry out more military drills in South China Sea
- 12:50 CET Isolated Nepal PM not ready to go after Maoists call for change