Find Us

Caught on camera - alleged deadly attack on North Korean leader's half-brother

Caught on camera - alleged deadly attack on North Korean leader's half-brother
By Euronews
Published on
Share this articleComments
Share this articleClose Button
Copy/paste the article video embed link below:Copy to clipboardCopied

The diplomatic face off between Malaysia and North Korea has escalated following Kim Jong-Nam’s death last week.


Startling images have been released which appear to show the deadly attack on the North Korean leader’s half brother Kim Jong-Nam.

CCTV cameras at Kuala Lumpur airport allegedly capture the moment when he’s set upon by two women, one of whom is believed to have wiped a fast-acting poison on his face.

Afterwards, he is seen reporting the incident to police and then he’s taken to a medical centre in which he reportedly died.

Last week South Korean investigators claimed North Korea had ordered the killing and that there had been a failed bid in 2012.

North Korea had sought to prevent Malaysian authorities from conducting an autopsy, insisting the body be handed over. On Monday, its envoy in the capital said they suspect others than those already arrested may be involved.

“There is no clear evidence on the cause of the death. And at the moment, we cannot trust the investigation by the Malaysian police even though its result would be obtained. It only increases the doubt that there could be someone else’s hand behind the investigation,” said Kang Chol, North Korea’s ambassador to Malayasia.

Amid rising tensions, Malaysia has recalled its envoy from Pyongyang.

Malaysian police have already detained one North Korean man, a Vietnamese woman, a woman from Indonesia and a Malaysian man.

They are also hunting four North Koreans who fled from the country on the day of the attack.

Share this articleComments

You might also like

Malawi's vice president laid to rest as president calls for independent probe into his death

Three missing tourists found dead in just one week on Greek islands

Suspicious death of Italian MEP's husband raises questions of foul play