Every now and then you read a story that you wish was true but that you know probably isn’t. This is one of them, although until it has been scientifically disproven it must remain a possibility, albeit an extremely remote one.
It has been claimed that three ancient pyramids have been discovered in the Antarctic by a team of American and European scientists.
According to an article in Scienceray.com that was picked up on by several, mostly Russian, websites including Voice of Russia, relatively little is known about the pyramids and the team is maintaining its silence regarding the details of the discovery. The only reliable information provided by the scientists was that they were planning an expedition to the pyramids to research them more thoroughly and determine for sure whether the structures were artificial or natural.
Further claims of Antarctic pyramids have been put forward on Youtube complete with explanations of the theory on offer.
If the researchers prove the pyramids are man-made structures, the discovery may bring about the biggest revision of human history ever made.
But don’t hold your breath.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 5‘Misleading at best and flat out wrong at worst’ US reacts to Greenpeace TTIP leak
90,000 unaccompanied children seek refugee in Europe in 2015
What happens when a journalist disappears?
Against all odds: Leicester City create “biggest ever betting shock”
Stand-up or Sit-com? Obama contemplates life after presidency
Simplify MPs expenses to improve transparency, says campaigner
Wires > News
- 01:41 CET Brazil prosecutor asks for probe of opposition leader Neves
- 01:20 CET Emotional return as first U.S. cruise in decades reaches Cuba
- 00:30 CET Obama says Chinese-led trade deal shows need for TPP – Washington…
- 00:29 CET U.S. says Iraq’s PM in ‘strong position’ amid political unrest
- 00:24 CET NATO weighs four battalions in Eastern states to deter Russia -…
- 00:17 CET Argentine court probes ex-president Fernandez over new case – media
- 23:04 CET U.S. tells Pakistan it will have to fund F-16s itself
- 22:14 CET Leader of Canada’s separatist Parti Quebecois steps down