The decision comes days after the World Health Organisation declared the Ebola outbreak in the country a "public health emergency of international concern".
The World Health Organisation declared Ebola a public health emergency of international concern on Thursday.
The Congolese health ministry has confirmed the first case of Ebola in the eastern city of Goma. More than 1600 people have died so far because of the disease.
The World Health Organization (WHO) determined for the third time that the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is not a "public health emergency of international concern".
The World Health Organization is set to decide whether or not to declare Ebola a public health emergency Friday after a 5-year-old died in Uganda.
A hospital in Sweden said test results showed no signs of the Ebola virus
Fears of fraud, public unrest, delayed voting and disease; a perfect storm of factors threaten a peaceful vote on Sunday.
In this Futuris, Euronews' Julian Lopez travels to Sierra Leone to see how survivors, scientists and medics are joining forces in an effort to develop a vaccine against the deadly Ebola virus.
Euronews reports from Beni, where new treatments provide hope that a new Ebola outbreak can be contained despite fighting nearby between armed groups.
Children in the Democratic Republic of Congo are starting to return to school following a regional Ebola outbreak, that has killed over 70 people so far.
An experimental Ebola treatment is being used to combat the latest flare-up of the virus in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. But the vaccine is only being used in the eastern part of the country which is rife with armed conflict.
The WHO thinks it may have located the source of the latest Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo but warns of the challenges of containing the virus
The outbreak in a new region of the country illustrates how the fight against Ebola is an ongoing struggling, specialist Dr Oliver Johnson told Euronews.
As it flies into the Democratic Republic of the Congo to tackle the latest outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus the WHO talks exclusively to euronews about the challenges ahead
Euronews brings you the latest news and updates as they happen this morning.
The Democratic Republic of Congo has announced a new outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus, just days after a recent emergence of the disease was declared over.
The latest Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has infected at least 54 people and killed 25.
Recent medical advances are helping the operation
How the key international stories unfolded today.
4,000 doses of the vaccine were shipped to Mbandaka over the weekend after the country is facing its ninth outbreak
Newly developed Ebola vaccines arrive in Kinshasa as fears grow that the deadly virus has spread to the city of Mbandaka
The Democratic Republic of Congo has confirmed the first death in a new outbreak of the Ebola virus in the central African country.
Health Minister Oly Ilunga said that a further 11 people had been infected, including three medical staff.
Local health officials reported 21 patients showing signs of the disease around the village of Ikoko Impenge, near the town of Bikoro.
One woman has been confirmed dead but hundreds may have been exposed to the virus, says WHO.
At least 115 people have been killed by an outbreak of cholera in the Yemeni capital Sanaa, according to the local Saba news agency.