Loader
Advertisement

Ukraine anti-corruption investigators search premises of senior Zelenskyy official

Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy listens to questions during a press conference in Belgrade, 8 August, 2026
Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy listens to questions during a press conference in Belgrade, 8 August, 2026 Copyright  AP Photo
Copyright AP Photo
By Sasha Vakulina
Published on
Share Comments Add Euronews on Google
Share Close Button

Ukraine’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau said it had launched an operation linked to an alleged criminal organisation involving current and former MPs and senior officials in the presidential administration.

Ukraine’s anti-corruption investigators launched a major operation on Wednesday morning targeting an alleged criminal organisation involving politicians and senior government officials, including members of Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s administration.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Ukrainian media reported that the National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NABU) had searched premises linked to Iryna Mudra, a deputy head of the presidential office, and member of parliament Vadym Stolar.

NABU and the Specialised Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office (SAPO) said they were conducting an operation to uncover what they described as a “criminal organisation operating under the leadership of a current and a former Ukrainian MP and involving senior officials in the presidential office” and others.

Iryna Mudra speaks during a press conference at the Embassy of Ukraine on Wednesday, March 13, 2024, in Washington
Iryna Mudra speaks during a press conference at the Embassy of Ukraine on Wednesday, March 13, 2024, in Washington AP Photo

The agencies did not initially identify those involved or set out the allegations against them, saying further details would be released later.

The investigation, dubbed “Forest Gump,” is the latest high-profile corruption probe to reach Zelenskyy’s administration.

Mudra is responsible for legal affairs and judicial reform in the presidential office. She previously served as a deputy justice minister.

Stolar was elected to parliament as a member of the pro-Russian Opposition Platform - For Life, which was banned after Russia’s full-scale invasion in 2022.

He now sits with Restoration of Ukraine, a parliamentary group formed largely by former members of the banned party.

NABU has released excerpts from intercepted conversations as part of the operation but has not publicly identified the speakers.

The recordings appear to include discussions about registering assets in the names of children and references to the presidential office.

The operation comes amid a series of investigations by NABU and SAPO into alleged corruption at the highest levels of Ukrainian politics.

Go to accessibility shortcuts
Share Comments Add Euronews on Google

Read more

Ukraine’s former ambassador to US faces anti-corruption probe

Zelenskyy's former chief of staff released on €2.7 million bail in anti-corruption probe

Operation ‘Midas’: All you need to know about anti-corruption investigation in Ukraine