Coronavirus - latest summary
- Global cases of coronavirus pass 2.5 million.
- Italy records decrease in active coronavirus cases for second day in a row
- The Netherlands to open primary schools part time on May 11
- UK announces vaccine investment for Imperial College and Oxford University studies
- A mostly virtual Westminster reopens amidst PPE shortage debacle
- Spain wants EU to unite behind €1.5 trillion COVID-19 recovery fund
- Germany starts mass-testing for coronavirus antibodies
- The risk is 'simply too great' - Oktoberfest is cancelled
Donald Trump announced he would temporarily suspend immigration to the US due to the pandemic.
Follow our live blog below for all the latest updates