German boy electrocuted in snowball fight

German boy electrocuted in snowball fight
Euronews logo
Text size Aa Aa

A 16-year old German boy has died after starting a snowball fight with friends and touching an electric line above a train.

He and his family were on holiday in Tyrol from Munich, when he climbed on top of the cargo transporter. The power lines are normally used to power the trains and run at 15,000 volts. The boy was thrown to the ground and his girlfriend called the ambulance, but he died on the spot.

Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.