EventsEventsPodcasts
Loader
Find Us
ADVERTISEMENT

More than 30 migrant boats left Libya for Europe on Sunday

More than 30 migrant boats left Libya for Europe on Sunday
Copyright 
By Euronews
Published on
Share this articleComments
Share this articleClose Button
Copy/paste the article video embed link below:Copy to clipboardCopied

More than 30 migrant boats left Libya for Europe on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

More than 30 migrant boats left Libya for Europe on Sunday (June 25), “probably because of the end of Ramadan,” according to the Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS).

Sea Watch said that there has never been so many rescued migrants on board its ship. More than 300 men were on board, along with 26 women, four of whom were pregnant, and 17 children.

Italian police released video footage on Monday showing the arrest of three suspected people smugglers.

They were picked up among 267 migrants who had been transported to the Sicilian port of Pozzallo.

Some witnesses said the suspected smugglers drove a wooden boat and dinghy that set off from the coast of Libya heading to Italy.

Defence Forces release footage of migrant rescue in Mediterranean https://t.co/WWl7LXfSx3pic.twitter.com/akUfOreT1r

— Irish Examiner (@irishexaminer) June 26, 2017

Share this articleComments

You might also like

Anti-immigrants rhetoric divides Italian coastal town of Monfalcone

Lampedusa overwhelmed after receiving over 1000 migrants in a day

The Italy-Albania migration deal is costly, cruel and counterproductive