euronews, international news channel
Euronews is as well as a full multimedia platform for viewers on the move. euronews covers world news and broadcasts 24/7 eleven services: Arabic, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
Euronews reaches 372 million households in 155 countries via cable, digital satellite and terrestrial windows. Euronews is the number 1 international news channel in Europe with more than 7 million viewers every day. Euronews is also the most watched channel amongst the European upmarket population.
euronews is recruiting
Deputy Editor in Chief MagazinesIndefinite duration contract Job position based in Lyon (Ecully) France
- The Deputy Editor-in-Chief Magazine is hierarchically linked to the Editor-in-Chief magazines. With her, he (she) ensures the responsibility of implementing the editorial and strategic line of the channel.
- He (she) ensures the supervision of a multidisciplinary team.
- In her absence, he (she) assumes by delegation, all the responsibilities of the Editor-in-chief Magazines.
Control and editorial follow-up of programmes and the establishment of priorities
- Definition, orientation and management of the follow-up of magazines from the conception to the broadcasting, in contact with the concerned departments.
- Participation in the creation and in the implementation of new programmes and special projects on air and on multimedia and Web platforms.
- Execution and follow-up of sponsorship contracts.
- Participation in the development of the channel in conjunction with the heads of department concerned.
- Representation of Euronews during editorial meetings with the partners of production according to the contractual measures. Travel abroad.
- Consultation with the Sales team and the Creative Solutions department for the creation and development of the sponsored programmes.
- Follow-up and organization of the work of supervised staff.
- Animation and motivation of the production teams.
- Mediation and resolution of conflicts.
- Analysing recruitment requirements for permanent and temporary staff. Evaluation of the skills and the performance of staff.
- Participation in recruitment process.
- Offering opinion in disciplinary cases and bonus awards.
- Required level of studies: four-year university degree or equivalent journalistic diploma with minimum 5 years minimum in journalism.
- Experience of journalistic activities on the ground and in programme production.
- Experience of management.
- Fluent English and French an imperative, 3rd language appreciated.
- Analytical mind
- Good organisation skills
- Quick thinker, ability to take initiative
- Authority, rigour, self-control
- Good interpersonal skills, talent for communication and negotiation
- Very good general knowledge
All applications (CV, cover letter and salary expectations) must be submitted with the reference RedacAM by email to Gardenia Trezzini (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Anne VIORNERY (email@example.com) before 26th of April 2013.
Producer for our economic bi-monthly program “Real Economy”.
It will be a one-year contract.
The position is based in Paris.
HIERARCHY:Editor in Chief Magazines
MAIN ACTIVITIES :
- Production of reports from concept to broadcast.
- Research of topics in accordance with the channel’s editorial charter and specific requirements of the series, reporting to the Editor in Chief magazines.
- Setting up technical side with production department
- The producer will work closely and in constant consultation with the presenter of the programme in terms of developing programme themes, feature ideas, technical aspects, location possibilities etc.
PRODUCTION AND POST PRODUCTION
- Directing ENG team as to shooting, style and technical requirements
- Directing edit in conjunction with editor
- Writing script in either in English or French + shotlist B’roll + EBU offer
- Presenting report to team of journalists and following process through until broadcast
- Checking editorial content of various language versions with help of relevant Head of language
- Managing online version of script and story
- At least 5 years experience in audio visual field
- High level of experience required in the field of finance and economy
- Field production and post production experience essential
- Shooting experience required
- Fluent English and French an imperative
- Displayed interest in economics
- Ability to analyze and clearly communicate information
- Ability to work autonomously, in a disciplined yet reactive way
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible working hours
- Organization skills
All applications must be submitted by email to : Gardenia Trezzini by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and Anne VIORNERY e-mail: email@example.com before 10 February 2012. The candidate must be available immediately.
Permanent contract - based in Dubai - Réf. CODUB/EN
Reporting directly to the Editors in Chief and under the supervision of the Head of the Farsi Service, euronews’ correspondent in Dubai regularly proposes news and feature topics for News and Programmes units in Lyon, produces stories and contributes news and other material for euronews’ website.
- Covering daily and occasional regional and local news both as television and as web stories, in Persian and occasionally in English.
- Propose ideas for news and feature stories, interviews, both for the TV output and for the web.
- Establishing an efficient network of news contacts locally and regionally to enable solid news and other types of coverage
- Higher education in journalism or an equivalent of experience in the field, you need to have a strong experience in audiovisual sector.
- An excellent general knowledge and in-depth awareness of international politics, sport, economics and cultural issues, as well as European affairs.
- An excellent working knowledge of Persian and English, knowledge of the Arabic language would be an additional asset.
- Minimum five years of experience in journalism.
- Able to react quickly to breaking news and working under tight deadlines, responding appropriately to unexpected developments and dealing with the pressure of a television news environment.
- Able to travel to different countries in the region to cover and report stories.
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV in Persian and English, your expectations) together with the reference number of the position (Réf. CODUB/EN) to the following address:
Human Resources Dept
or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FREELANCE BILINGUAL JOURNALISTS (Ref. JBR/EN)Mother tongue Russian
RUSSIAN native, you live in France and have kept strong relationships with your home land. Reporting directly to the duty editors and the heads of programmes, you will write and mix your stories, in compliance with the editorial guidelines of the channel. You will cover live events and occasionally translate speeches into Russian live on-air. Your on screen experience allows you to go live at any moment.
Having studied journalism, you have a strong experience in the audiovisual sector, an excellent general knowledge and in depth knowledge of international politics, sport, economics, European and cultural issues. You are bilingual English and/or French, while another European language would be an additional asset. You must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in TV journalism.
Able to react quickly, you can also work to tight deadlines, respond appropriately to unexpected developments and deal with the pressure of television news environment. EuroNews broadcasts 24 hours a day, so the job entails weekend and night shifts.
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, expectations and photo), quoting the position reference by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Service des Ressources Humaines
BP 161 - 69131 Lyon