Tech giant Apple has been ordered to assist the F.B.I to unlock the IPhone used by one of the attackers in the San Bernardino shootings that left 14 people dead.
LAVALORDZ (@LAVALORDZ) February 4, 2016
The ruling was handed down by a judge in California after agents had been unable to access the phone used by one of the killers, Syed Rizwan Farook
Farook was shot by police along with his wife Tashfeen Malik .
Apple has refused to cooperate with the F.B.I and will oppose the judge’s decision.
CNBC International (@CNBCi) February 17, 2016
The company says providing access to its technology would compromise the personal data of millions of Apple users.
Authorities insist the phone may contain vital information about the murderers and their motivation.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.