ISIL Islamist militants have posted a video appearing to celebrate last week’s Paris attacks.
The images were released by Furat Media, which according to the Site Intel monitoring group, is a media affiliate of ISIL. They showed three purported French ISIL fighters answering questions about the shootings and bombings.
In it they threatened further violence and called Muslims living in France to be patient. ISIL has claimed responsibility for Friday’s coordinated onslaught in Paris.
France which has vowed to vanquish terrorism, launched a third round of raids on ISIL targets overnight in Syria .Ten of its warplanes are said to have hit the militant’s HQ in Raqqa, according to the French ministry of defence.
French bombs took out the electricity grid, water stations and clinics that civilians used. #Raqqa— Nidal (@Nidalgazaui) November 17, 2015
France’s aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle is due to leave for the Eastern Mediterranean to continue airstrikes on a designated sites including where foreign fighters are suspected of being trained.
France will have 36 fighter jets in the region once the Charles de Gaulle reaches the zone which should be Thursday.
IRIN News (@irinnews) November 16, 2015
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.