21/08/12 16:38 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Rumours regularly surface that Israel is close to launching a military strike on Iran over its nuclear programme which immediately leads to counter threats by Tehran.
The internal conflict in Syria is threatening to spill out across the Middle East. Meanwhile, Egypt struggles to maintain stability on the Sinai peninsula following last year’s uprising.
Where does this leave Israel? Just how vulnerable is the Jewish state. Is there any truth to rumours that Israel poisoned the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat?
You can watch our full interview with Mark Regev, spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu online.
Syrian government: “Europe is guilty of many strategic mistakes”
Rights and reforms: Iran’s post-election challenges
“The Devil’s Job”: ex-Vatican Bank chief Tedeschi on finance and morality
Prince Ali bin al Hussein’s bid to ‘clean up’ FIFA
Terror, anti-Semitism and peace: Israel’s Ambassador to France meets euronews
Wires > News
- 09:17 CET Three Turkish soldiers killed, 14 others wounded in PKK attack in…
- 08:51 CET Taiwan DPP condemns latest deportation of Taiwanese to China
- 08:37 CET Rare rallies in Vietnam over mysterious mass fish deaths
- 07:04 CET Facing long odds in California, Cruz courts state’s Republicans
- 05:53 CET For Obama, it’s time for one last laugh at annual Washington dinner
- 04:16 CET China trains ‘fishing militia’ to sail into disputed waters
- 03:22 CET Venezuela leader hikes minimum wage 30 percent amid raging…
- 02:04 CET Aleppo bombed as Syrian army begins ‘calm’ plan elsewhere