21/08/12 16:38 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Rumours regularly surface that Israel is close to launching a military strike on Iran over its nuclear programme which immediately leads to counter threats by Tehran.
The internal conflict in Syria is threatening to spill out across the Middle East. Meanwhile, Egypt struggles to maintain stability on the Sinai peninsula following last year’s uprising.
Where does this leave Israel? Just how vulnerable is the Jewish state. Is there any truth to rumours that Israel poisoned the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat?
You can watch our full interview with Mark Regev, spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu online.
- 1Iceland’s new President Gudni Johannesson off to France for the footy
- 2Massive petition calls for EU referendum re-run
- 3Millions sign referendum re-run petition
- 4What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 5David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 1What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 2Will English remain as the de facto EU official language?
- 3David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 4Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty explained
- 5EU friendly London shocked after Britain vote to leave
Wires > News
- 22:11 CET Multiple stabbing victims during rally in Sacramento, California
- 21:27 CET Iraqi commander declares defeat of Islamic State in Falluja
- 21:14 CET Italy rescues over 3,300 migrants over weekend
- 20:01 CET Pride parade steps off in New York under Orlando’s shadow
- 19:41 CET Israel and Turkey agree to normalise ties – senior Israeli official
- 18:55 CET Turkish police fire tear gas in Istanbul to disperse Gay Pride…
- 18:51 CET Italy arrests second most wanted mafia boss
- 17:54 CET Fallout from British EU vote alarms Asia, deepens party conflicts