Brussels, My Love?
State Of The Union
The Global Conversation
Top News Stories Today
My Wildest Prediction
Start Me Up
The Big Question
Euronews Tech Talks
Notes From The Usa
Soul Of The South
Women Beyond Borders
The Road To Green
Cry Like A Boy
Meet The Locals
Melting Pot Culture
The Star Ingredient
Depth Of Field
Here We Grow: Spain
The New Uzbekistan
A Greener Future
All You Want Is Greece
Classic Piano Competition
Digital Garden City Nation
Galaxy Brain Investor
Securing The Future
Wine Of Moldova
World’s five richest men double their fortunes as poorest lose money
More about this topic
Richest 10% of Europeans cause as much pollution as poorest 50%
A damning new report from Oxfam calls for a European wealth tax as the contribution of the EU’s richest to the climate crisis is laid bare.
Why Spanish football chief Luis Rubiales still should resign
The earth moved and many people felt their knees tremble as the chief of Spain's football federation clasped Jenni Hermoso's head and kissed her on the lips. But there was certainly no romance in the air. Marta Rodriguez Martinez says Luis Rubiales deserves a red card for his bad behaviour.
Meet the Pakistani headmaster whose classroom is a park
In partnership with Media City, Qatar
World leaders gather to tackle the climate crisis via finanical means
International political and business leaders are discussing reforms to the global financial system to better tackle climate and poverty challenges.
Here's how a tax on the rich could help us deal with climate change
Billionaires are responsible for vast amounts of greenhouse gas emissions. How could taxing them could help countries struggling with climate change.
Rich people's swimming pools are driving city water shortages
Social inequalities are driving urban water shortages at least as much as climate change or population growth.
Italy is marking its second LGBT History Month: Here's why it matters
From the outside, following its change of government and move to the far-right, Italy appears dramatically different to a year ago, putting extra emphasis on its second ever LGBT History Month, as Andrea Carlo reports.
Oxfam urges windfall tax on food companies as Davos opens
Over the past two years, the world’s super-rich 1 per cent have gained nearly twice as much wealth as the remaining 99 per cent combined, says Oxfam.
Which European companies are championing diversity?
Diversity at work has become a priority for employees in Europe. So which companies are stepping up?
Is overpopulation fuelling climate change? It’s not that simple
Climate change and population crowding might seem like two issues that are strongly linked - they are, but not quite as much as people might think.
Don’t panic over economy woes just yet, says ex-World Bank chief
The Ukraine war has sent inflation and gas prices spiralling. We spoke to ex-World Bank chief Bertrand Badré about how to prevent global inequality.
Where are the most LGBTQ+ friendly destinations in Europe?
One of the world's smallest countries takes the top spot for LGBTQ+ holidaymakers, Could this island nation be your next destination?
COVID has widened the gap between the world’s richest and poorest
According to Oxfam, 263 million people are predicted to fall into extreme poverty this year. The cost of living crisis is one of the driving factors.
Dozens protest in Kabul, demanding the Taliban reopens girls’ secondary schools.
"Why is it happening to them just because they're girls? Why can't they be studying? Why can’t they be learning?”
Rich countries should pay €14 billion urgently to end pandemic — WHO
"Science gave us the tools to fight COVID-19; if they are shared globally in solidarity, we can end COVID-19 as a global health emergency this year," said the World Health Organization's chief.
Scientists discover new highly virulent HIV variant in the Netherlands
The research team stressed that the findings are no cause for alarm as modern treatments remain effective against the new strain of HIV.
'Billionaire bonanza': Wealth of 10 richest men 'doubled during COVID'
The anti-poverty NGO called for governments to improve wealth distribution and to end the "shameful vaccine apartheid".
Can a smart ramp solve transport's accessibility problem?
A Japanese rail company is trialling an automatic ramp that helps wheelchair users get on trains independently. But is it a long-term solution to a major problem?
What is land inequality and how does it threaten women?
The issue of ownership and access to land is important for the environment too.
Check your breasts for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month comes around each October to highlight the need to raise funds to battle an illness that kills more than 680,000 people every year.