Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
BREAKING NEWS

Everton sign France full back Sidibe on loan

Everton sign France full back Sidibe on loan
FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football - Champions League - AS Monaco Press Conference - Stade Louis II, Monaco - November 5, 2018 AS Monaco's Djibril Sidibe during the press conference REUTERS/Eric Gaillard/File Photo -
Copyright
Eric Gaillard(Reuters)
Euronews logo
Text size Aa Aa

LONDON (Reuters) – Everton have signed France defender Djibril Sidibe on a season-long loan from AS Monaco, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.

Sidibe, 27, helped Monaco win the Ligue 1 title in 2017 and was a member of the France squad who won last year’s World Cup.

“It is important to have different options in each position and with Djibril and Seamus (Coleman), we now have two high-quality right backs,” Everton manager Marco Silva said.

Sidibe, who has played 18 times for his country, said it was an easy decision to make.

“Everton are recruiting with the intent to win trophies and play on the biggest stage. I am 100 per cent motivated and ready to help the club achieve its goals and to achieve my own individual goals,” Sidibe told Everton TV.

(Reporting by Ed Osmond, editing by Nick Mulvenney)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.