World news about “Science” published by euronews.
Bridges, tunnels and other civil engineering structures could become safer thanks to self-repairing being developed as part of a "European research project":http://www.healcon.ugent.be/. Engineers at Ghent University in Belgium have taken a lead role in the pioneering work. One…
FUTURIS | 23/03 11:56 CET
Human eye is a marvel of evolution, but it has serious "engineering"…
16/03 14:32 CET
Hotels and ferries to the Faroe Islands are full to the brim with eclipse watchers keen to see a total eclipse. But if you didn't book your…
LEARNING WORLD | 13/03 17:18 CET
Traditional approaches to education rely mainly on two of our senses -…
LEARNING WORLD | 06/03 17:13 CET
Learning new subjects and skills can often seem daunting as we struggle…
27/02 08:04 CET
It's a picture of a dress, worn at a wedding and posted on social media…
LEARNING WORLD | 26/02 10:10 CET
A pair of US astronauts floated outside the International Space Station…
24/02 10:33 CET
Bored of nipping out to the shops but can’t be bothered to wait for home delivery? Two Turkish men have found the perfect answer – get a drone…
FUTURIS | 13/02 11:14 CET
The potential of DNA for breakthroughs in healthcare is well known in…
- 05/02 - Hope for patients of mitochondrial diseases after UK’s historic vote
- 05/02 - CINEMA - Indie sci-fi thriller gets to shoot inside world-famous CERN
- 05/02 - SCIENCE - The fairest of them all: monkeys learn to recognise reflection in mirror
- 03/02 - Britain’s parliament allows human genome manipulation for first time
- 03/02 - UK votes in favour of three-person babies law
- 01/02 - Blaze rips through Moscow library home to millions of rare texts and books
- 09/01 - LEARNING WORLD - Learning as easy as A, B, free
- 02/01 - Do you know: how do you feed a mosquito?
- 22/12 - Oh cloned Christmas tree, your leaves are so duplicated
- 19/12 - Print yourself fitter say 3D food printers who promise freshness with the…
- 04/12 - SCIENCE - Tests on dogs in hope of prolonging human lifespan
- 14/11 - LEARNING WORLD - All in the mind? The role of neuroscience in education
- 13/11 - HI-TECH - Ambulance drone could help save lives, says inventor
- 13/11 - LEARNING WORLD - Author Paul Tough challenges common intelligence beliefs live from …
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Watching for bubbles: storing CO2 at sea
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a bubble-box?
- 03/11 - FUTURIS - Longer life for damaged livers
- 03/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we boost injured livers?
- 30/10 - World’s first 3D stomach grown in labs
- 29/10 - FUTURIS - Well-preserved mammoth carcass goes on display in Moscow – nocomment
- 27/10 - FUTURIS - Tsunami alert
- 27/10 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can you run away from a tsunami?
- 25/10 - Russia decides Winter time is the Right time
- 21/10 - SCIENCE - Anders Sandberg : Explorer of the mind
- 20/10 - FUTURIS - Building houses with bacteria
- 20/10 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can bacteria build houses?
- 17/10 - SCIENCE - Why are Danes so happy? It could be in their genes
- 09/10 - Sulawesi caves show art may be older than ever
- 07/10 - Bright idea of low-energy LED wins Nobel Physics Prize
- 07/10 - SCIENCE - Transgenic silk worm produces tough spider silk
- 07/10 - Womb transplant baby brings joy for parents and hope for many
- 06/10 - FUTURIS - Picking your moments: the science behind foraging in forests
- 22/09 - FUTURIS - Breathing forest: assessing climate change impact on Earth’s lungs
- 22/09 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how are we killing the forests?
- 05/09 - Massive dinosaur remains discovered in Argentina
- 04/09 - MUSICA - All in the mind: musical and scientific quest to understand improvisation
- 04/09 - SCIENCE - 3-D printed organs: one step closer
- 28/08 - SCIENCE - Elephants smell better
- 26/08 - SCIENCE - Latest archeological finds: digging deeper in Greece and Mexico
- 25/08 - SPACE - Rosetta selects top 5 landing sites on comet
- 22/08 - Northern Lights: watch live online Aurora Borealis footage for free
- 13/08 - Fields Medal mathematics prize won by female for first time
- 29/07 - Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 16/07 - CINEMA - The eyes have it in Mike Cahill’s tale of science and spirituality…
- 11/07 - Felix Baumgartner: The man who fell to Earth
- 08/07 - Breakthrough in developing blood test for Alzheimer’s disease
- 21/06 - US now says 84 lab workers were potentially exposed to anthrax
- 20/06 - Finland skin cancer camera raises hopes of medical breakthrough
- 18/06 - A revolution in the world of dentistry
- 11/06 - SCIENCE - Seeing inside insects to mimic their movements and build better machines
- 11/06 - Bird’s-eye view: Egyptian desert meets the Red Sea
- 09/06 - FUTURIS - A second chance for injured brains
- 09/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: do injured brains dream?
- 09/06 - SCIENCE - Why octopuses don’t get into a tangle
- 03/06 - ‘Grandfather of ecstasy’ Alexander ‘Sasha’ Shulgin…
- 16/05 - Study of 12,000-year-old skeleton sheds light on origins of first Americans
- 13/05 - SCIENCE - What will we discover when we switch the LHC back on?
- 12/05 - FUTURIS - From crab shells to raw materials
- 30/04 - SCIENCE - Aliens of the sea
- 14/04 - FUTURIS - Flower power
- 14/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we stop aging?
- 10/04 - SCIENCE - Put on your thinking cap
- 09/04 - Solar Impulse 2 takes on the world
- 07/04 - FUTURIS - Viral attack: defenseless oysters
- 07/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can you vaccinate an oyster?
- 25/03 - Could discovery of new planet mean we are a step closer to finding alien…
- 20/03 - SPACE - Big Bang News: Did the Earth just move for cosmology?
- 10/03 - FUTURIS - Shakin’ all over – Europe researches quake-proof bridges
- 10/03 - FUTURIS - Do earthquakes also bring life?
- 19/02 - SCIENCE - New blood test for schizophrenia
- 17/02 - FUTURIS - Elixir of youth