World news about “Science” published by euronews.
Scientists at Cincinnati’s Children’s Hospital say they have used stem cells to create a stomach in the lab. The 3D creations will be used to study ulcers, stomach cancer and obesity-related diabetes. Experts also hope to grow tissue in the future to repair patients’ stomachs…
29/10 10:28 CET
About 38,000-years old, and in surprisingly good shape, the carcass of…
25/10 20:04 CET
On Sunday Russia switches to winter time, and stays there, forever. At least that's the plan. After tinkering with daylight-saving and then…
SCIENCE | 17/10 09:42 CET
Denmark usually comes top of the list of the world's happiest nations. But this could have nothing to do with the country's high standard of…
09/10 14:30 CET
Anthropologists are popping their corks around the planet over the discovery of new cave paintings where few were expecting it. The latest…
07/10 17:01 CET
An American and two Japanese scientists have won the Nobel Prize for…
- 07/10 - Womb transplant baby brings joy for parents and hope for many
- 06/10 - FUTURIS - Picking your moments: the science behind foraging in forests
- 22/09 - FUTURIS - Breathing forest: assessing climate change impact on Earth’s lungs
- 22/09 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how are we killing the forests?
- 05/09 - Massive dinosaur remains discovered in Argentina
- 04/09 - MUSICA - All in the mind: musical and scientific quest to understand improvisation
- 04/09 - SCIENCE - 3-D printed organs: one step closer
- 28/08 - SCIENCE - Elephants smell better
- 26/08 - SCIENCE - Latest archeological finds: digging deeper in Greece and Mexico
- 25/08 - SPACE - Rosetta selects top 5 landing sites on comet
- 22/08 - Northern Lights: watch live online Aurora Borealis footage for free
- 13/08 - Fields Medal mathematics prize won by female for first time
- 29/07 - Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 16/07 - CINEMA - The eyes have it in Mike Cahill’s tale of science and spirituality…
- 11/07 - Felix Baumgartner: The man who fell to Earth
- 08/07 - Breakthrough in developing blood test for Alzheimer’s disease
- 21/06 - US now says 84 lab workers were potentially exposed to anthrax
- 20/06 - Finland skin cancer camera raises hopes of medical breakthrough
- 18/06 - A revolution in the world of dentistry
- 11/06 - SCIENCE - Seeing inside insects to mimic their movements and build better machines
- 11/06 - Bird’s-eye view: Egyptian desert meets the Red Sea
- 09/06 - FUTURIS - A second chance for injured brains
- 09/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: do injured brains dream?
- 09/06 - SCIENCE - Why octopuses don’t get into a tangle
- 03/06 - ‘Grandfather of ecstasy’ Alexander ‘Sasha’ Shulgin…
- 16/05 - Study of 12,000-year-old skeleton sheds light on origins of first Americans
- 13/05 - SCIENCE - What will we discover when we switch the LHC back on?
- 12/05 - FUTURIS - From crab shells to raw materials
- 30/04 - SCIENCE - Aliens of the sea
- 14/04 - FUTURIS - Flower power
- 14/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we stop aging?
- 10/04 - SCIENCE - Put on your thinking cap
- 09/04 - Solar Impulse 2 takes on the world
- 07/04 - FUTURIS - Viral attack: defenseless oysters
- 07/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can you vaccinate an oyster?
- 25/03 - Could discovery of new planet mean we are a step closer to finding alien…
- 20/03 - SPACE - Big Bang News: Did the Earth just move for cosmology?
- 18/03 - Scientists find evidence to support origins of the universe
- 10/03 - FUTURIS - Shakin’ all over – Europe researches quake-proof bridges
- 10/03 - FUTURIS - Do earthquakes also bring life?
- 03/03 - World’s first artificial heart patient dies in Paris after 75 days
- 27/02 - Scientists discuss prospect of babies with three parents
- 19/02 - SCIENCE - New blood test for schizophrenia
- 17/02 - FUTURIS - Elixir of youth
- 17/02 - FUTURIS - Is an Elixir of Youth Possible?
- 13/02 - Ancient fish was pivotal in evolution of face researchers find
- 10/02 - FUTURIS - Beyond the subconscious
- 10/02 - FUTURIS - Deep inside our subconscious
- 06/02 - Protoype bionic hand gives amputees a real sense of touch
- 31/01 - LEARNING WORLD - Creative thinking: taking an artistic approach to science
- 30/01 - Prone to illness? Blame the Neanderthals
- 30/01 - Japanese scientists discover new speedy way to create stem cells
- 29/01 - Stem cells produced without embryo in major scientific breakthrough
- 20/01 - Infants do fake cry to get attention study shows
- 09/01 - Aurora Borealis: cold comfort after ‘polar vortex’ in the US
- 21/12 - French company implants first artificial heart
- 09/12 - INTERVIEW - What’s God got to do with it?, asks Nobel Prize in Physics winner
- 03/12 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Europe school pupils lag behind Asian teens
- 25/11 - FUTURIS - Invisible at first sight
- 18/11 - FUTURIS - Night flight – taking to the clouds to improve aerodynamics
- 14/11 - Scientists recreate volcanic ash cloud off French coast to test plane…
- 08/11 - What do you see in Google’s #RorschachDoodle?
- 07/11 - Scientists question if men should sit down to pass urine
- 07/11 - SCIENCE - Infected mosquitos could cut dengue
- 04/11 - SCIENCE - Kenya: rare ‘hybrid’ solar eclipse – nocomment
- 01/11 - LEARNING WORLD - WISE 2013: The role of technology in education
- 28/10 - FUTURIS - Making fire from water
- 17/10 - A fingernail-sized frog
- 17/09 - SCIENCE - Breakthrough stem cell find in Madrid
- 08/08 - Mini Mona Lisa on world’s smallest canvas
- 29/07 - SCIENCE - Geothermal plans halted after earthquake