Eight elderly residents have died in a fire that ripped through a care home near Zaragoza in northeastern Spain in the early hours of Sunday.
Twelve other people including a carer were injured in the blaze believed to have started when a mattress caught fire at the home in the small town of Cuarte de Huerva.
Victims are, for the most part, thought to have died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.