BREAKING NEWS

Now Reading:

Al-Shabaab claims responsibility for Kenya bus attack


Kenya

Al-Shabaab claims responsibility for Kenya bus attack

Somali militant group al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the bus attack which killed at least 28 people in northeast Kenya.

According to officials the gunmen separated out those thought be non-Muslim before executing them.

The bus carrying around 60 passengers was en route for Nairobi when it was ambushed in Mandera County on Saturday morning.

In a statement on a website linked to the Islamist group, a spokesperson for al-Shabaab said that the attack was carried out in retaliation for security raids in mosques in Mombasa in the last week.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article

world news

Bahrain votes amid calls for election boycott