By Thomas SeymatFollow @tseymat
10/03/14 11:38 CET
Maira Elizabeth Nari, the daughter of Andrew Nari, the chief steward on the missing MH370 flight, has posted several messages regarding her missing father on social media.
Sometimes hopeful, sometimes grieving, but always touching, her messages have moved the world, as each has been retweeted or favorited several thousand times.
Daddy. You're all over the news and papers. Come home fast, so you could read them! Don't you feel excited? :'D pic.twitter.com/Jc4TzMSKym— . (@Gorgxous_) 9 Mars 2014
Daddy. It's almost 48 hours. Don't forget to eat your dinner. You must be starving. :'/ Sigh..— . (@Gorgxous_) 9 Mars 2014
About an hour into its flight from Kuala Lumpur flight MH370 vanished from radar screens in the early hours of Saturday, after climbing to a cruising altitude of 35,000 ft (10,670 metres).
No distress signal was sent, which experts say suggests a sudden catastrophic failure or explosion. But Malaysia’s air force chief said radar tracking showed it may have turned back from its scheduled route before it disappeared.
My dad and all the other crews, together with the passengers of MH370 must be so happy that the whole world is praying for them! :'D— . (@Gorgxous_) 9 Mars 2014
That's my daddy with Dato' Lee Chong Wei. Dad..., please come home... :'( pic.twitter.com/zHqVe2gG5y— . (@Gorgxous_) 8 Mars 2014
Come home fast, dad.. It's the only thing I want... :') pic.twitter.com/yc6Ypie6Ed— . (@Gorgxous_) 8 Mars 2014
Most recently, she posted on Monday:
& until today, we are still waiting for you, dad. ;') pic.twitter.com/wk4pBFm29Q— . (@Gorgxous_) 10 Mars 2014
I don't know how to thank all of you. The supports, the love, the kindness. How thoughtful of each & everyone of you. God bless all of you.— . (@Gorgxous_) 10 Mars 2014
About two-thirds of the 227 passengers and 12 crew now presumed to have died aboard the plane were Chinese. The airline said other nationalities included 38 Malaysians, seven Indonesians, six Australians, five Indians, four French and three Americans.
More on the missing MH370 flight
By Thomas SeymatMore about:
- 1Migrant killed near Tunnel amid mass attempt to cross channel
- 2Man killed as 1,500 migrants try to enter Channel Tunnel in Calais
- 3Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar is confirmed dead
- 4Rome airport fully operational after forest fire affects flights
- 5Turkey keeps up pressure on PKK with more airstrikes
- 1Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 2French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 3Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 4Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 5Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > News
- 16:02 CET Rome’s Fiumicino – How unlucky can an airport be?
- 16:01 CET Indian Ocean debris almost certainly from a Boeing 777 – Malaysia
- 15:54 CET Erdogan taking Turkey to war to avenge Kurdish gains – opposition
- 15:40 CET After Russia’s U.N. veto, countries seek court for downed flight…
- 15:14 CET Afghan Taliban names a new leader, but peace talks delayed
- 15:12 CET Landslide near Nepal’s popular Annapurna trek route kills 30
- 15:00 CET German Social Democrats fret as ‘Mr Zig Zag’ stumbles
- 14:22 CET Tsipras seeks Greek ruling party members’ vote on bailout