It’s a fresh French take on a dirty protest – a truck today dumped a huge pile of manure outside a government building in Paris.
The lorry, which had the slogan “Hollande and the whole political class out”, left the cargo outside France’s National Assembly.
Its driver was reportedly arrested and taken to a police station in the seventh arrondissement of Paris.
News agency AFP reportedly received the following message, just as the manure was being left: “At this very moment … a French just expressed his anger at the national assembly Holland! enough! This is the message he wanted to convey and whose president will long remember.”
Un camion déverse du fumier devant l'Assemblée nationale pic.twitter.com/s8RtCflVif— Haziza Frédéric (@frhaz) January 16, 2014
Du fumier devant l'Assemblée Quai d'Orsay au nom de la 6ème République pic.twitter.com/mRfWqlgQBb— Haziza Frédéric (@frhaz) January 16, 2014
Last November French farmers blocked roads around Paris in a protest over EU agriculutural reforms and rising taxes.
One particular issue is the eco-tax for HGVs, which aims to reduce the environmental impact of road freight transport.
- 1Migrant killed near Tunnel amid mass attempt to cross channel
- 2Man killed as 1,500 migrants try to enter Channel Tunnel in Calais
- 3Turkey keeps up pressure on PKK with more airstrikes
- 4Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar ‘is dead’, officials claim
- 5Libya: Rights groups slam death sentence for Gaddafi son
- 1Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 2French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 3Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 4Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 5Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 19Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 20Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
Russian pensioner charged with gruesome murders suspected of killing 10
Rome airport fully operational after forest fire affects flights
Prince George bags £18,000 birthday present
Edward Snowden will not be pardoned, White House insists
Migrant killed near Tunnel amid mass attempt to cross channel
Wires > News
- 17:36 CET New Italian opposition group pledges support for Renzi reform
- 17:23 CET U.N. mediator proposes Syria working groups on issues in conflict
- 17:18 CET U.S. approves possible sale of $5.4 billion in PAC-3 missiles to…
- 17:15 CET Rome airport fully operational after forest fire affects flights
- 17:10 CET Ukraine names detained Russian soldier, charges him with terrorism
- 16:35 CET U.N. panel questions Iraq over use of torture
- 16:33 CET Islamic State claims car bomb in Yemen capital, three dead
- 16:26 CET Afghanistan investigates reports of Taliban leader’s death