16/01/14 13:07 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
It’s a fresh French take on a dirty protest – a truck today dumped a huge pile of manure outside a government building in Paris.
The lorry, which had the slogan “Hollande and the whole political class out”, left the cargo outside France’s National Assembly.
Its driver was reportedly arrested and taken to a police station in the seventh arrondissement of Paris.
News agency AFP reportedly received the following message, just as the manure was being left: “At this very moment … a French just expressed his anger at the national assembly Holland! enough! This is the message he wanted to convey and whose president will long remember.”
Un camion déverse du fumier devant l'Assemblée nationale pic.twitter.com/s8RtCflVif— Haziza Frédéric (@frhaz) January 16, 2014
Du fumier devant l'Assemblée Quai d'Orsay au nom de la 6ème République pic.twitter.com/mRfWqlgQBb— Haziza Frédéric (@frhaz) January 16, 2014
Last November French farmers blocked roads around Paris in a protest over EU agriculutural reforms and rising taxes.
One particular issue is the eco-tax for HGVs, which aims to reduce the environmental impact of road freight transport.
- 1Women ‘tortured and murdered’ in German ‘House of Horrors’
- 2Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
- 3Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 4Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
- 5Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Analysis: Trump triumphs over rivals but faces uphill battle against Clinton
Video: Transgender woman ‘assaulted on New York subway’
Andy Murray joins Federer in not staying at Rio Olympic Village
Hunger is no game as Italian court quashes homeless man’s food theft conviction
Germany to legalise medicinal marijuana
Wires > News
- 04:30 CET Australian Islamic State recruiter killed in U.S. strike in Iraq
- 03:15 CET Stubborn Shanghai residents hold a line drawn in rubble
- 01:26 CET Cuba scrambles to keep pace with U.S.-fueled tourism boom
- 01:25 CET Ageing Thailand takes toll on indebted households
- 22:50 CET Turkish ruling party preparing to replace PM Davutoglu – officials
- 21:09 CET Merkel says working for U.S.-EU trade deal this year
- 21:06 CET ‘Three Amigos’ Obama, Trudeau, Pena Nieto to meet June 29
- 19:14 CET Russia arrests groups for planning attacks in Moscow region -…