16/01/14 13:07 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
It’s a fresh French take on a dirty protest – a truck today dumped a huge pile of manure outside a government building in Paris.
The lorry, which had the slogan “Hollande and the whole political class out”, left the cargo outside France’s National Assembly.
Its driver was reportedly arrested and taken to a police station in the seventh arrondissement of Paris.
News agency AFP reportedly received the following message, just as the manure was being left: “At this very moment … a French just expressed his anger at the national assembly Holland! enough! This is the message he wanted to convey and whose president will long remember.”
Un camion déverse du fumier devant l'Assemblée nationale pic.twitter.com/s8RtCflVif— Haziza Frédéric (@frhaz) January 16, 2014
Du fumier devant l'Assemblée Quai d'Orsay au nom de la 6ème République pic.twitter.com/mRfWqlgQBb— Haziza Frédéric (@frhaz) January 16, 2014
Last November French farmers blocked roads around Paris in a protest over EU agriculutural reforms and rising taxes.
One particular issue is the eco-tax for HGVs, which aims to reduce the environmental impact of road freight transport.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Wires > News
- 22:57 CET U.S., Russia discuss Syria cooperation if Assad halts some strikes
- 22:35 CET U.S.-backed rebel group vows new attacks against IS after border…
- 22:33 CET Italy elected to U.N. council for 2017 in deal with Netherlands
- 22:10 CET U.S. lawmakers push for action on human rights in Bahrain
- 21:59 CET Saudi Arabia ‘alarmed and outraged’ by rights groups’ criticism
- 21:47 CET Argentina, Peru seek closer energy ties with Chile
- 21:35 CET Nigeria’s Buhari urges Delta leaders to calm region after attacks
- 21:27 CET Trump raises questions about Bill Clinton meeting amid probe