16/01/14 13:07 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
It’s a fresh French take on a dirty protest – a truck today dumped a huge pile of manure outside a government building in Paris.
The lorry, which had the slogan “Hollande and the whole political class out”, left the cargo outside France’s National Assembly.
Its driver was reportedly arrested and taken to a police station in the seventh arrondissement of Paris.
News agency AFP reportedly received the following message, just as the manure was being left: “At this very moment … a French just expressed his anger at the national assembly Holland! enough! This is the message he wanted to convey and whose president will long remember.”
Un camion déverse du fumier devant l'Assemblée nationale pic.twitter.com/s8RtCflVif— Haziza Frédéric (@frhaz) January 16, 2014
Du fumier devant l'Assemblée Quai d'Orsay au nom de la 6ème République pic.twitter.com/mRfWqlgQBb— Haziza Frédéric (@frhaz) January 16, 2014
Last November French farmers blocked roads around Paris in a protest over EU agriculutural reforms and rising taxes.
One particular issue is the eco-tax for HGVs, which aims to reduce the environmental impact of road freight transport.
South African firefighters arrive in Canada to help tackle Fort McMurray wildfire
Gorilla shot dead after playing with toddler who fell into enclosure
11 hit by lightning in Paris park
Creative or crazy?: Brexit campaign videos
Operation Condor: historic human rights trial verdict expected
Wires > News
- 09:47 CET Swedish minority coalition government backed by 34.2 percent in…
- 09:36 CET Poland to appeal court decision not to extradite Polanski to U.S.
- 09:27 CET Two with Thai army links found guilty of attack on gold mine…
- 09:06 CET Japan erupts in anger over boy abandoned in forest after being…
- 09:00 CET Exclusive: Westinghouse to get new site for Indian nuclear plant -…
- 08:51 CET Spanish police arrest man accused of promoting Islamist militancy
- 08:42 CET Death toll from Russian air strikes in Idlib climbs to 23 – monitor
- 08:32 CET Hamas executes three convicted Palestinians in Gaza