This is the terrifying moment a British teacher was injured when an elephant attacked a car in Kruger National Park, South Africa.
Sarah Brooks from Lincolnshire was stabbed in the thigh by one of the elephant’s tusks, park managers said.
William Mabasa, general manager at the park, told the BBC: “Of course they were totally frightened but also thankful that they were alive.
“The car is a wreck, if I may put it that way.
“I mean it was completely flattened but fortunately the elephant concentrated on the back of the car, that’s why we still have our guests alive now as I speak.”
Brooks has since been released from hospital. Her partner, who was in the car with her, suffered less serious injuries.
- 1Migrant killed near Tunnel amid mass attempt to cross channel
- 2Turkey keeps up pressure on PKK with more airstrikes
- 3Man killed as 1,500 migrants try to enter Channel Tunnel in Calais
- 4Libya: Rights groups slam death sentence for Gaddafi son
- 5Ukraine poised to bring corruption case against Yanukovych
- 1Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 2French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 3Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 4Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 5Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 20Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
Prince George bags £18,000 birthday present
Edward Snowden will not be pardoned, White House insists
Migrant killed near Tunnel amid mass attempt to cross channel
Police hoping quilt will hold clues to identity of child’s remains
Supermarket bans sugary drinks “to help cut childhood obesity”
Wires > News
- 15:05 CET Fabius, visiting Tehran, invites Rouhani to France
- 14:52 CET Zimbabwean men in court over killing of Cecil the lion
- 14:49 CET Croat parliament OKs withdrawal from Slovenia border arbitration
- 14:39 CET Russia’s Putin says opposes MH17 tribunal ahead of U.N. vote
- 14:34 CET China says to fight terror, people smuggling with Turkey
- 14:15 CET Philippine military seeks almost triple defence spending amid…
- 14:00 CET Afghanistan investigating reports of Taliban leader’s death
- 13:55 CET Israeli drone strike in Syria kills two near frontier -…