Flights were disrupted when a UFO appeared on radars at a German airport, police have said.
The unidentified aircraft cancelled one flight, diverted another and caused delays at Bremen airport.
The airport said the UFO showed up on its radar several times between 16h30 and 21h30 local time.
Police, who scrambled a helicopter to investigate, admit they still don’t know what the object was.
The incident cancelled a flight from Frankfurt, while another from Munich was diverted to Hanover.
A similar incident in Saxony on Sunday turned out to be a remote-controlled model airship.
- 1Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
- 2G7 leaders visit Japanese holy shrine ahead of summit
- 3Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 4In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
- 5Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2Turkey warns EU migrant deal could collapse if visa-waiver isn’t speeded up
- 3Eurozone ministers agree “breakthrough” deal with Greece
- 4More fuel frustration as French pickets refuse to back down
- 5Ukrainian pilot Savchenko back in Kyiv after 2 years in Russian jail
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 3Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
What is the EU-US Privacy Shield?
In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
G7 agenda includes steel, the Yen, Russia and Brexit
Video – Brazil’s uncontacted Kawahiva tribe on the edge of extinction
Wires > News
- 12:21 CET Kremlin – Putin won’t meet Elton John in Moscow this month
- 12:10 CET Iran’s Khamenei calls for vigilance against West’s ‘soft war’ -…
- 12:06 CET In dig at U.S., China says all U.S. arms embargoes should go
- 11:57 CET Kremlin – Savchenko’s release won’t accelerate warming in…
- 11:56 CET Australian family facing deportation underlines UK govt…
- 11:37 CET Niger Delta militant attack shuts down Chevron facility – company…
- 11:11 CET French union leads new anti-reform protests, seeks to maintain…
- 11:02 CET Migrant numbers growing again at Calais camp