Moldova’s Orthodox Church says it has banned government officials from taking Holy Communion because of their stance on gay rights.
The church said that it would call for nationwide protests unless the government amended a law protecting homosexuals, bisexuals, and transgender individuals from discrimination.
Earlier this week, the Council of Europe’s Venice Commission ruled that a Russian law against “homosexual propaganda,” as well as similar local laws in Ukraine and Moldova, are illegal and should be repealed.
Source: Radio Free Europe
- 1Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
- 2Russia-Hungary meeting ahead of EU sanctions decision
- 3Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
- 4Germany: Pegida objects to Kinder using images of non-white children on its chocolate wrappers
- 5The strategic map of the the offensive against ISIL
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2Turkey warns EU migrant deal could collapse if visa-waiver isn’t speeded up
- 3Eurozone ministers agree “breakthrough” deal with Greece
- 4More fuel frustration as French pickets refuse to back down
- 5Ukrainian pilot Savchenko back in Kyiv after 2 years in Russian jail
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 3Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
Germany: Pegida objects to Kinder using images of non-white children on its chocolate wrappers
What is the EU-US Privacy Shield?
In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
G7 agenda includes steel, the Yen, Russia and Brexit
Video – Brazil’s uncontacted Kawahiva tribe on the edge of extinction
Wires > News
- 06:13 CET China says EU membership UK’s choice, but hopes for strong Europe
- 05:31 CET China says its people will never stand for Taiwan independence
- 04:55 CET Japan’s Abe takes G7 leaders to shrine as economy tops summit…
- 03:56 CET Australia immigration policy threatens to hijack election agenda
- 03:18 CET NZ parliament in lock down after security threat ahead of budget
- 03:15 CET Biden holds calls with Cypriot president, Turkish Cypriot leader
- 03:12 CET Militant group purportedly claims new attack in Nigeria’s Delta
- 03:07 CET Lebanese citizenship law strips women of identity and property