Read the Euronews live coverage of violent fires that have killed dozens of people, sparked mass evacuations and destroyed homes in several countries across the Mediterranean region.
- Wildfires are sweeping through Greece, Italy, France, Croatia, Turkey, Algeria and Tunisia
- Rhodes, a touristic Greek island, has declared a state of emergency
- 40 people have reportedly been killed by the blazes, mostly in Algeria
- Fires are continuing to spread by high winds and searing temperatures, though they have been extinguished in places
- A Greek airforce plane dropping water on the island of Evia crashed on Tuesday, killing both pilots
- Some tourist flights to affected areas have been cancelled
- As the south burns, intense storms have hit northern Italy
That's us wrapping up our Mediterranean heatwave and wildfires live blog for Wednesday 26 July.
For all the latest information visit www.euronews.com and we'll be back on Thursday morning