Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
BREAKING NEWS

North Korea official tells U.S. counterpart talks to begin soon - senior U.S. official

Euronews logo
Text size Aa Aa

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A North Korean official told a White House National Security Council counterpart last week that working-level talks to revive denuclearisation negotiations with North Korea would start very soon, a senior U.S. administration official told reporters on Tuesday.

The U.S. official had been in the region for unrelated talks, and travelled to the demilitarized zone (DMZ) on the border of North and South Korea to deliver some photographs commemorating the June 30 meeting at the DMZ between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, the senior U.S. administration official said.

(Reporting by Roberta Rampton; Editing by Susan Thomas)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.