Title holders Real Madrid have been handed a tough fixture against Paris Saint-Germain in the last 16 of the Champions League - in what already being seen as the tie of the round.
The draw for the knockout stage of the Champions League and also for the Europa League have taken place at UEFA's headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.
Champions League last 16 draw
- Juventus (ITA) v Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
- FC Basel (SUI) v Manchester City (ENG)
- FC Porto (POR) v Liverpool (ENG)
- Sevilla FC (ESP) v Manchester United (ENG)
- Real Madrid (ESP) v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
- Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) v AS Roma (ITA)
- Chelsea (ENG) v FC Barcelona (ESP)
- Bayern Munich (GER) v Besiktas (TUR)
The tie of the round looks set to pit FIFA's Player of the Year Ronaldo against Brazilian star Neymar, with PSG travel due to travel to the Santiago Bernabeu ahead of the return leg in Paris at the Parc des Princes.
The 16 clubs were divided into two groups in the draw, with those finishing top of their qualifying group seeded now facing a second-placed team in the next stage. Teams from the same country or qualifying group were separated.
Chelsea v Barcelona is another eye-catching fixture - re-uniting two giants of the competition. They have met 12 times - all in the Champions League, with the London club ahead on four wins to three. Their last encounter was in the semi-finals in 2011/12, with Chelsea going through 3-2 on aggregate.
In contrast, for two other English clubs the draw has thrown up opponents they have never met before in European competition: Manchester United's visit to Seville, and Tottenham's trip to Turin to face the Italian champions Juventus.
The last 16 round will happen across two legs, with each team playing home and away, in February and March.
The first legs are scheduled for 13/14 and 20/21 February, with the second legs on 6/7 and 13/14 March.
The Champions League final takes place in the Ukrainian capital Kyiv on May 26, 2018.
Europa League last 32 draw
The draw for the last 32 of the Europa League has also taken place at UEFA's HQ.
- Dortmund (GER) v Atalanta (ITA)
- Nice (FRA) v Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS)
- Copenhagen (DEN) v Atletico Madrid (ESP)
- Spartak Moscow (RUS) v Athletic Bilbao (ESP)
- AEK Athens (GRE) v Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
- Celtic (SCO) v FC Zenit St Petersburg (RUS)
- Napoli (ITA) v Leipzig (GER)
- Red Star Belgrade (SRB) v CSKA Moscow (RUS)
- Olympique Lyonnnais (FRA) v Villarreal (ESP)
- Real Sociedad (ESP) v Salzburg (AUT)
- Partizan Belgrade (SRB) v Plzen (CZE)
- Steaua Bucharest (ROU) v Lazio (ITA)
- Ludogorets (BUL) v Milan (ITA)
- Astana (KAZ) v Sporting Lisbon (POR)
- Östersund (SWE) v Arsenal (ENG)
- Marseille (FRA) v Braga (POR)
Matches will be played in principle on Thursdays 15 and 22 February.
The final of the Europa League takes place on May 16, 2018 in Lyon, France.