European champions Barcelona will play Arsenal in the last 16 of the Champions League after the draw for the knock-out stage was made in Nyon, Switzerland.
Runners up in 2014 Juventus have been given a tough tie against Bayern Munich, who lost out to Barca in last season’s semi-finals.
Chelsea, currently struggling in the English Premier League will play Paris Saint German, who are 17 points clear at the top of France’s Ligue 1 after just 18 matches. PSG got the better of the reigning English champions in last year’s competition.
Manchester City received perhaps the least demanding last 16 tie – on paper in any case – after being drawn against Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev.
First leg matches will be played on February 16, 17, 23 and 24 with the return leg scheduled for March 8, 9, 15 and 16.
Full draw for the Champions League last 16:
- Gent vs Wolfsburg
- AS Roma vs Real Madrid
- Paris Saint Germain vs Chelsea
- Arsenal vs Barcelona
- Juventus vs Bayern Munich
- PSV Eindhoven vs Atletico Madrid
- Dynamo Kiev vs Manchester City
- Benfica vs Zenit St. Petersburg
The draw for the Europa League also threw up some intriguing encounters. Tottenham face a tricky tie against Fiorentina, while Manchester United and Liverpool fans will be happier than their Spurs counterparts after drawing Denmark’s Midtjylland and Augsburg of Germany respectively.
- Valencia vs Rapid Vienna
- Fiorentina vs Tottenham
- Borussia Dortmund vs FC Porto
- Fenerbahce vs Locomotiv Moscow
- Anderlecht vs Olympiakos
- Midtjylland vs Manchester United
- Augsburg vs Liverpool
- Sparta Prague vs Krasnodar
- Galatasaray vs Lazio
- FC Sion vs Braga
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Schalke
- Marseille vs Athletic Bilbao
- Sevilla vs Molde
- Sporting Lisbon vs Leverkusen
- Villareal vs Napoli
- St Etienne vs FC Basle
Social Media reacts to the draw