World news about “Research” published by euronews.
Scientists in Italy are working on creating robots that mimic the properties of plant roots, including the capacity for growth. They believe the potential future applications are not just the stuff of science-fiction. Before creating their root-like robots, researchers needed…
FUTURIS | 14/07 13:20 CET
Rats damage crops, buildings and infrastructure, costing billions of…
FUTURIS | 30/06 16:43 CET
Almost 100 million Europeans do not have access to safe, reliable…
20/06 06:50 CET
It is hoped that a new, lightweight, handheld camera could signal a…
28/05 13:02 CET
Three of the world's leading chemists - one Spaniard and two Americans…
- 19/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: Can machinery speak?
- 13/05 - SCIENCE - What will we discover when we switch the LHC back on?
- 12/05 - FUTURIS - From crab shells to raw materials
- 05/05 - SCIENCE - Keeping a closer eye on reindeer and penguins
- 28/04 - FUTURIS - Longer life for broken eggs
- 28/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: are broken eggs a threat?
- 25/04 - Spain searches for remains of Don Quixote author Miguel de Cervantes
- 21/04 - Nepalese sherpas threaten strike in wake of Everest avalanche tragedy
- 21/04 - FUTURIS - Richer soil from old bones
- 21/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: do plants eat skeletons?
- 14/04 - FUTURIS - Flower power
- 07/04 - FUTURIS - Viral attack: defenseless oysters
- 07/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can you vaccinate an oyster?
- 31/03 - FUTURIS - Kill the Spill
- 31/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we eat toxic waste?
- 28/03 - New search area for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- 24/03 - FUTURIS - Greener tyres on the road
- 13/03 - HI-TECH - World Wide Web celebrates 25 years of existence
- 10/03 - FUTURIS - Shakin’ all over – Europe researches quake-proof bridges
- 10/03 - FUTURIS - Do earthquakes also bring life?
- 05/03 - HI-TECH - Projection project puts texts and emails on the tips of your fingers
- 03/03 - FUTURIS - Say cheese! Making pizza a guilt-free pleasure
- 03/03 - FUTURIS - Fast food: can it be healthy?
- 24/02 - FUTURIS - Algae and Olives
- 24/02 - FUTURIS - Is olive oil greener with algae?
- 21/02 - SCIENCE - SeaOrbiter set for construction
- 17/02 - FUTURIS - Elixir of youth
- 17/02 - FUTURIS - Is an Elixir of Youth Possible?
- 30/01 - HI-TECH - Are you addicted to your smartphone?
- 29/01 - Stem cells produced without embryo in major scientific breakthrough
- 20/01 - FUTURIS - Fishing for earthquakes: a new wave in seismology
- 20/01 - FUTURIS - Can fish feel earthquakes?
- 20/01 - Infants do fake cry to get attention study shows
- 12/12 - Dementia: ‘a global emergency, needing a global solution’
- 05/12 - Human DNA from 400,000 years ago discovered in Spain
- 28/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - French researcher claims GM food lobbyists pulled study from journal
- 25/11 - FUTURIS - Invisible at first sight
- 18/11 - FUTURIS - Night flight – taking to the clouds to improve aerodynamics
- 04/11 - French police release photofit of motorcyclist seen near Alps murders
- 04/11 - FUTURIS - Art detectives team up
- 28/10 - FUTURIS - Making fire from water
- 21/10 - FUTURIS - Something in the air
- 09/10 - Three US based scientists awarded 2013 Nobel Prize for chemistry
- 30/09 - Children born to young mothers ‘more likely’ to die in childhood
- 25/09 - FUTURIS - China: Artificially bred panda cubs in limelight in Chengdu –…
- 09/09 - FUTURIS - A new ‘skin’ for old stones
- 01/09 - Exhumation begins at former reform school in Florida
- 09/08 - Archaeologists unearth suspected family tomb of Mona Lisa
- 05/08 - First lab-grown burger tried and tested in London
- 30/07 - Parents: children copy your TV habits
- 29/07 - Harvard study suggests drinking coffee can halve suicide risk
- 24/07 - HI-TECH - Developing self-destructing mobile phones
- 24/07 - Fresh research discovers that dolphins can call each other by “name”
- 15/07 - FUTURIS - Intelligent irrigation: growing green
- 08/07 - FUTURIS - Iceland mans its volcano front line
- 24/06 - FUTURIS - Green Concrete under construction
- 17/06 - HI-TECH - Driven to distraction
- 10/06 - FUTURIS - Echoes from the deep
- 05/06 - One in four British children faces poverty by 2020
- 03/06 - FUTURIS - Plants that track air pollution
- 27/05 - FUTURIS - Sea fuel
- 20/05 - FUTURIS - Deep inside the brain
- 19/05 - Bees buzz over landmines after detection training
- 16/05 - US breakthrough in stem cell research
- 13/05 - FUTURIS - New air for museums
- 06/05 - FUTURIS - Do the locomotion
- 29/04 - FUTURIS - Manage your mussels
- 22/04 - HI-TECH - Internal bracelet cures acid reflux
- 15/04 - FUTURIS - Saving time, saving lives
- 02/04 - HI-TECH - Swiss sets sights on miniscule atomic clock
- 25/03 - FUTURIS - Lagoons under the microscope