World news about “Research” published by euronews.
In this edition of Futuris, we look at wasps, hawks and donkeys – not animals but special robots which can help save people in danger in the Alps. It’s part of a European project called SHERPA. It has taken three years of research to reach this point; an endeavour…
FUTURIS | 09/05 11:25 CET
Humans have long been under CCTV surveillance, but now chickens and…
SCIENCE | 25/04 15:53 CET
A new infrared process developed by German researchers is helping…
FUTURIS | 14/03 11:33 CET
Alternative energy sources are gradually replacing fossil fuels, but…
01/03 10:33 CET
A new study by a French scientists suggests the Zika virus might cause…
- 29/02 - FUTURIS - From peelings to pork – animal feed reimagined
- 29/02 - FUTURIS - Takeaway: from peelings to pork
- 22/02 - FUTURIS - The search for a high flying clean energy generator
- 22/02 - FUTURIS - Takeaway: higher power
- 17/02 - High hopes Japanese satellite will unravel mysteries of Universe
- 27/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Report claims link between animal health and GM crops
- 13/11 - FOCUS - Salt filled batteries to give engines new lease of life
- 26/10 - FUTURIS - A brighter future? EU researchers harness the power of light
- 26/10 - FUTURIS - Do you know: why is the sky blue?
- 22/10 - SCIENCE - New research yields surprising finds about Pompeii residents
- 15/10 - SCIENCE - Purdue University researchers experiment the dangers of heating hair
- 08/10 - Crew from missing US cargo ship assumed dead
- 07/10 - Slaves to our smartphones? New study details digital amnesia
- 17/09 - How many hours do you have to work to buy an iPhone?
- 14/09 - FUTURIS - Robot archaeologists: taking the risks out of underwater fieldwork
- 14/09 - FUTURIS - Do you know: are there still treasures under the sea?
- 10/09 - Homo Naledi: A new human-like species discovered in South Africa
- 18/08 - FUTURIS - Hidden dimensions: 3D scanner reveals the inner secrets of artworks
- 30/07 - SCIENCE - Retreating ice reveals climate secrets on Qori Kalis glacier
- 22/07 - Alzheimer’s: cautious reaction to claims new drug could slow…
- 22/07 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Juncker’s plan to boost EU investment
- 20/07 - FUTURIS - In touch with food: could chemicals used in packaging be harmful?
- 20/07 - FUTURIS - Do you know: is plastic packaging bad for your health?
- 13/07 - FUTURIS - Getting rail freight back on track in Europe
- 06/07 - HI-TECH - The Eureka project: 30 years of research and innovation across borders
- 04/07 - Cuba: Castro meets cheesemakers in rare public appearance
- 29/06 - FUTURIS - Movers, not shakers: cable-driven robots may lift European heavy industry
- 29/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a cable robot?
- 24/06 - SCIENCE - Tiny gecko could hold secret to new water repellent materials
- 15/06 - FUTURIS - Is seafood still safe to eat?
- 15/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: do fish feel global warming?
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Helping farms produce more crops with less water
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can crops grow without water?
- 01/06 - FUTURIS - Root cause: making crop plants better at sourcing water and nutrients
- 01/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: roots or branches, which grow faster?
- 28/05 - Charpentier and Doudna win Princess of Asturias Award for gene-editing…
- 18/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can graphene see through time?
- 13/05 - FUTURIS - Tracking down earthquake survivors by their sweat
- 11/05 - FUTURIS - Saving water from waste in chemical plants
- 11/05 - FUTURIS - How to solve the water scarcity problem?
- 24/04 - FUTURIS - The walking robot set to help elderly people live an autonomous life
- 24/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a robotic walker?
- 23/04 - SPACE - A satellite revolution in oceanography
- 20/04 - FUTURIS - Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control
- 16/04 - SCIENCE - Australian turtle tracking aids understanding and conservation
- 13/04 - SCIENCE - Smartphones changing the way our brain and thumbs interact
- 06/04 - FUTURIS - Slik operation: new device to remove oil from troubled waters
- 30/03 - FUTURIS - Building for the future with self-repairing concrete
- 30/03 - FUTURIS - A recipe for self-healing concrete!
- 02/03 - FUTURIS - Will hypersonic passenger planes ever be a reality?
- 02/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how to fly around the world in 3 hours?
- 25/02 - Blind man sees wife for the first time in ten years
- 23/02 - FUTURIS - Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution
- 19/02 - SCIENCE - Could virtual body swapping reduce racism?
- 18/02 - HI-TECH - Robot cuttlefish ready for underwater action
- 12/02 - English and Spanish among happiest languages
- 09/02 - FUTURIS - Sea change in shipping: natural gas to make engines more eco-friendly
- 05/02 - SCIENCE - The fairest of them all: monkeys learn to recognise reflection in mirror
- 19/01 - FUTURIS - Building the planes (and maybe lowering the air fares) of the future
- 19/01 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can matter think?
- 05/01 - HI-TECH - Cleaner air con in cars thanks to innovative high-tech device
- 15/12 - SCIENCE - Laura Robinson: Deep ocean explorer
- 04/12 - SCIENCE - Tests on dogs in hope of prolonging human lifespan
- 03/12 - SCIENCE - Mapping the oceans’ coral reefs to try and save them from extinction
- 14/11 - LEARNING WORLD - All in the mind? The role of neuroscience in education
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Watching for bubbles: storing CO2 at sea
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a bubble-box?
- 05/11 - HI-TECH - ScratchJr – Teaching pre-school kids how to write computer code
- 27/10 - FUTURIS - Tsunami alert
- 21/10 - SCIENCE - Jeremy Curl: Seeking prehistoric art in the Sahara
- 20/10 - FUTURIS - Building houses with bacteria