World news about “Medical research” published by euronews.
Someone has to go first. So why not me? That is the attitude of Valery Spiridonov who is hoping to have his head transplanted onto a different body in pioneering surgery. In a wheelchair and suffering from a genetic muscle wasting disease, the 30-year-old Russian wants to…
SCIENCE | 23/04 13:12 CET
Spider silk is one of the strongest materials known to man. A strand…
SCIENCE | 22/04 12:24 CET
Observing human heart muscle cells normally means opening someone's…
FUTURIS | 10/04 11:10 CET
Helping stroke survivors improve their quality of life is the goal of a…
FUTURIS | 23/03 11:57 CET
As we age our eyes lose their ability to focus quickly on near and far…
FUTURIS | 23/03 11:56 CET
Human eye is a marvel of evolution, but it has serious "engineering"…
FUTURIS | 16/03 11:38 CET
A small sensor, headphones and a mobile phone - the elements of a…
03/03 18:06 CET
As Italy reins in spending on healthcare, a world-class coma recovery…
- 03/03 - SCIENCE - HIV test via your smartphone in 15 minutes
- 25/02 - Blind man sees wife for the first time in ten years
- 25/02 - Austrian men become first in the world to have bionic hands
- 24/02 - SCIENCE - Mapping the unborn baby’s brain to better combat disease
- 19/02 - FOCUS - The future of tackling global health issues discussed at the World…
- 17/02 - SCIENCE - Mind games developed as researchers take a peek into premature brains
- 13/02 - FUTURIS - Messenger RNA: the molecule that may teach our bodies to beat cancer
- 13/02 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can our cells create medicines?
- 02/02 - FUTURIS - Sucker punch: the European research project dealing a blow to mosquitoes
- 19/01 - FUTURIS - Do you know: where’s the cure for HIV?
- 06/01 - SCIENCE - Diabetes: could bacteria provide a cure?
- 02/01 - Do you know: how do you feed a mosquito?
- 27/11 - US researchers optimistic about Ebola vaccine
- 25/11 - Scientists find brain’s weak spot for dementia and schizophrenia
- 24/11 - FUTURIS - Turning the tide in the war against AIDS
- 18/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Red Cross urges quicker response on Ebola
- 03/11 - FUTURIS - Longer life for damaged livers
- 03/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we boost injured livers?
- 28/10 - SCIENCE - Ebola: ‘Europe’s situation is excellent’ –…
- 13/10 - Farmers look to cash in on Italy’s 2015 medical marijuana law as…
- 13/10 - SCIENCE - Synthetic bones: a booming market
- 06/10 - Nobel Prize for Medicine won by scientists who found the brain’s…
- 04/10 - Medical first in Sweden as woman gives birth after womb transplant
- 01/10 - HI-TECH - Copper arrests hospital infections
- 29/09 - HI-TECH - NanoKnife: cutting-edge cancer treatment on trial
- 24/09 - HI-TECH - Brain to brain communication edges closer
- 18/09 - HI-TECH - Ultrasound technology used to guide the blind
- 15/09 - British cancer boy Ashya King begins treatment in Prague
- 15/09 - SCIENCE - Bee’s honey could replace antibiotics
- 04/09 - Tests to be fast-tracked on a third Ebola vaccine
- 01/09 - SCIENCE - China conducts first 3D printed vertebra implant
- 21/08 - SCIENCE - World Mosquito Day: 117 years on the battle continues – nocomment
- 06/08 - How fear of treatment is making the Ebola crisis worse
- 23/07 - SCIENCE - Fishy solution: sun cream that is a load of old cods
- 22/07 - SCIENCE - Sleep problems a growing health hazard
- 16/07 - SCIENCE - New test can detect early signs of autism in babies
- 10/07 - SCIENCE - Alzheimer’s disease test hopes
- 09/07 - HI-TECH - Dexterous hand with the right touch
- 01/07 - SCIENCE - Turning dreams into reality
- 09/06 - FUTURIS - A second chance for injured brains
- 09/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: do injured brains dream?
- 03/06 - HI-TECH - Radiosurgery advances in cancer treatments
- 02/06 - Columbia University team grows human cartilage from stem cells
- 26/05 - FUTURIS - Deep cure
- 26/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can the sea cure cancer?
- 12/05 - HI-TECH - A helmet against depression
- 30/04 - SCIENCE - Aliens of the sea
- 14/04 - SCIENCE - Spinal implants aid paralysed patients in medical tests
- 14/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we stop aging?
- 09/04 - SCIENCE - Using essential oils rather than pesticides to fight malaria
- 26/02 - SCIENCE - Continuous cardiac monitoring on the cards
- 19/02 - SCIENCE - New blood test for schizophrenia
- 18/02 - HI-TECH - Open wide for dental high tech in Monaco
- 17/02 - SCIENCE - Amputee recovers feeling with robotic arm
- 13/02 - SCIENCE - Can diuretic drugs fight autism?
- 12/02 - SCIENCE - New mini-lab could save lives as well as time
- 10/02 - FUTURIS - Beyond the subconscious
- 10/02 - FUTURIS - Deep inside our subconscious
- 06/02 - SCIENCE - Organ regeneration moves closer with stem cell breakthrough
- 04/02 - HI-TECH - Monitoring vital signs
- 03/02 - FUTURIS - Work out to catch up
- 03/02 - FUTURIS - Can babies train their brains?
- 03/02 - SCIENCE - New MRI scan redefining myeloma treatment
- 28/01 - HI-TECH - Eye implants: from dark to light
- 23/01 - SCIENCE - New balloon therapy to fight obesity
- 22/01 - HI-TECH - Robot Rene spots autism faster
- 21/01 - SCIENCE - Gene therapy restores eyesight
- 20/01 - HI-TECH - Holographic heart for better surgery
- 14/01 - SCIENCE - Stem cell therapy heals broken bones
- 13/01 - Will a woman with a transplanted womb ever be able to give birth?
- 13/12 - Sobering study labels Ian Fleming hero James Bond an ‘impotent…