World news about “Medical research” published by euronews.
A new initiative aims to ease the suffering of the estimated 45-million people worldwide living with dementia. Scientists are collaborating with professional gamers to use a new on-screen adventure in order to accelerate research for dementia treatment They aim to get at…
HI-TECH | 05/05 15:52 CET
Two-year old Maia was born with only one ear due to a congenital deformity called microtia, and currently wears a headband that transmits…
FUTURIS | 18/04 11:08 CET
Most of the matter around us is either solid, liquid, or gas. But…
SCIENCE | 13/04 13:51 CET
Most diabetics need a finger prick test several times a day to…
SCIENCE | 31/03 11:30 CET
Researchers say electrical brain stimulation has been shown to improve the recovery of stroke patients. A study carried out at the…
FUTURIS | 28/03 10:36 CET
A robot named “Little Casper” has been designed to help…
FUTURIS | 07/03 11:47 CET
On Futuris this week we look at the growing science of generating…
- 15/02 - FUTURIS - A virtual reality game to help stroke patients
- 15/02 - FUTURIS - Takeaway: train your brain!
- 11/02 - The dangerous and illegal trade in counterfeit medicines
- 10/02 - SCIENCE - Zika virus – race on in the battle to find a vaccine
- 05/02 - FUTURIS - Fit for football: kicking unhealthy lifestyles into touch
- 05/02 - FUTURIS - Takeaway: Red card for dangerous lifestyle
- 26/01 - HI-TECH - Eye-tracking to empower disabled children
- 18/01 - FUTURIS - How I learned to stop worrying about snakes and love the venom
- 18/01 - FUTURIS - Takeaway: venoms that heal
- 15/01 - Botched drug trial leaves six in serious condition in France
- 23/11 - Taking away the doctors: how telemedicine is changing lives
- 16/11 - FUTURIS - Surgical avatars promise medical revolution
- 16/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can computers heal spines?
- 12/11 - SCIENCE - New blood test improves prostate cancer screening
- 09/11 - FUTURIS - Confronting the epidemy that is diabetes
- 02/11 - SCIENCE - Chinese claim world’s first 3D blood vessel bio-printer
- 26/10 - Processed meats cause cancer, says WHO
- 19/10 - FUTURIS - Saving brain cells during cancer surgery
- 19/10 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what colours do animals see?
- 14/10 - SMART CARE - How early intervention helps muscle and joint pain patients back to work
- 07/10 - Work on DNA repair wins Nobel Prize for Chemistry
- 07/10 - Slaves to our smartphones? New study details digital amnesia
- 05/10 - Nobel prize for medicine goes to parasite power trio
- 30/09 - WHO: All people with HIV should get anti-retroviral drugs
- 22/09 - CEO attacked for demanding excessive price for HIV drugs Daraprim
- 21/09 - HI-TECH - Gaza doctor invents cheap 3D printed stethoscope
- 11/09 - U TALK - What is the legal status in Europe of human embryos?
- 22/07 - One step closer to slowing down Alzheimer’s?
- 22/07 - Alzheimer’s: cautious reaction to claims new drug could slow…
- 21/07 - SCIENCE - Powerful MRI scanners could predict diseases
- 17/07 - Ebola vaccine trials enter Phase II
- 13/07 - SCIENCE - Cardiac microchip provides advance warning of future heart problems
- 11/06 - HI-TECH - An artificial leg which can feel and reduce pain
- 02/06 - SCIENCE - App identifies premature newborns
- 28/05 - Charpentier and Doudna win Princess of Asturias Award for gene-editing…
- 11/05 - SCIENCE - Addicted to sport
- 06/05 - HI-TECH - Robots help stroke victims regain use of arms
- 04/05 - FUTURIS - Resistance movement: the battle to beat the antibiotic-proof superbug
- 04/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what are “superbugs”?
- 30/04 - First steps
- 23/04 - Why does this man want his head transplanted?
- 23/04 - SCIENCE - Scientists’ breakthrough with artificial spider silk
- 22/04 - SCIENCE - ‘Heart-on-a-chip’ could replace animals in drug development
- 10/04 - FUTURIS - Surviving strokes: University of Birmingham leading research into cutting…
- 08/04 - FUTURIS - Chile’s first legal medical marijuana – nocomment
- 07/04 - HI-TECH - The best in 3D dental care at Imagina in Monaco
- 23/03 - SCIENCE - “Cyberlegs” hold promise for amputees
- 23/03 - FUTURIS - Vision of the future: new adaptable lens to prolong sight of aging eyes
- 23/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s better, the eye or the camera?
- 16/03 - FUTURIS - Movement sensor device improves life quality for Parkinson’s patients
- 16/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can electronics fight Parkinson’s?
- 03/03 - World class coma recovery centre threatened by Italy’s healthcare…
- 03/03 - SCIENCE - HIV test via your smartphone in 15 minutes
- 25/02 - Blind man sees wife for the first time in ten years
- 25/02 - Austrian men become first in the world to have bionic hands
- 24/02 - SCIENCE - Mapping the unborn baby’s brain to better combat disease
- 19/02 - FOCUS - The future of tackling global health issues discussed at the World…
- 17/02 - SCIENCE - Mind games developed as researchers take a peek into premature brains
- 13/02 - FUTURIS - Messenger RNA: the molecule that may teach our bodies to beat cancer
- 13/02 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can our cells create medicines?
- 02/02 - FUTURIS - Sucker punch: the European research project dealing a blow to mosquitoes
- 19/01 - FUTURIS - Do you know: where’s the cure for HIV?
- 06/01 - SCIENCE - Diabetes: could bacteria provide a cure?
- 02/01 - Do you know: how do you feed a mosquito?
- 27/11 - US researchers optimistic about Ebola vaccine
- 25/11 - Scientists find brain’s weak spot for dementia and schizophrenia
- 24/11 - FUTURIS - Turning the tide in the war against AIDS
- 18/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Red Cross urges quicker response on Ebola
- 03/11 - FUTURIS - Longer life for damaged livers
- 03/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we boost injured livers?
- 28/10 - SCIENCE - Ebola: ‘Europe’s situation is excellent’ –…