World news about “Medical research” published by euronews.
A sedentary lifestyle can lead to cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity. That is why a European Union research project aims to promote sport among football fans, of whom they are more than 20 million in Europe. Lisbon’s Stadium of Light is home to Benfica…
FUTURIS | 18/01 12:10 CET
Extremely venomous animals like snakes have long been feared and…
15/01 14:01 CET
One person is in a coma and five others are in a serious condition in…
23/11 17:55 CET
Mention medicine from space and most people will conjure up an image…
SCIENCE | 02/11 15:30 CET
One step further towards organ regeneration. A Chinese…
- 26/10 - Processed meats cause cancer, says WHO
- 19/10 - FUTURIS - Saving brain cells during cancer surgery
- 19/10 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what colours do animals see?
- 14/10 - SMART CARE - How early intervention helps muscle and joint pain patients back to work
- 07/10 - Work on DNA repair wins Nobel Prize for Chemistry
- 07/10 - Slaves to our smartphones? New study details digital amnesia
- 05/10 - Nobel prize for medicine goes to parasite power trio
- 30/09 - WHO: All people with HIV should get anti-retroviral drugs
- 22/09 - CEO attacked for demanding excessive price for HIV drugs Daraprim
- 21/09 - HI-TECH - Gaza doctor invents cheap 3D printed stethoscope
- 11/09 - U TALK - What is the legal status in Europe of human embryos?
- 22/07 - One step closer to slowing down Alzheimer’s?
- 22/07 - Alzheimer’s: cautious reaction to claims new drug could slow…
- 21/07 - SCIENCE - Powerful MRI scanners could predict diseases
- 17/07 - Ebola vaccine trials enter Phase II
- 13/07 - SCIENCE - Cardiac microchip provides advance warning of future heart problems
- 11/06 - HI-TECH - An artificial leg which can feel and reduce pain
- 02/06 - SCIENCE - App identifies premature newborns
- 28/05 - Charpentier and Doudna win Princess of Asturias Award for gene-editing…
- 11/05 - SCIENCE - Addicted to sport
- 06/05 - HI-TECH - Robots help stroke victims regain use of arms
- 04/05 - FUTURIS - Resistance movement: the battle to beat the antibiotic-proof superbug
- 04/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what are “superbugs”?
- 30/04 - First steps
- 23/04 - Why does this man want his head transplanted?
- 23/04 - SCIENCE - Scientists’ breakthrough with artificial spider silk
- 22/04 - SCIENCE - ‘Heart-on-a-chip’ could replace animals in drug development
- 10/04 - FUTURIS - Surviving strokes: University of Birmingham leading research into cutting…
- 08/04 - FUTURIS - Chile’s first legal medical marijuana – nocomment
- 07/04 - HI-TECH - The best in 3D dental care at Imagina in Monaco
- 23/03 - SCIENCE - “Cyberlegs” hold promise for amputees
- 23/03 - FUTURIS - Vision of the future: new adaptable lens to prolong sight of aging eyes
- 23/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s better, the eye or the camera?
- 16/03 - FUTURIS - Movement sensor device improves life quality for Parkinson’s patients
- 16/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can electronics fight Parkinson’s?
- 03/03 - World class coma recovery centre threatened by Italy’s healthcare…
- 03/03 - SCIENCE - HIV test via your smartphone in 15 minutes
- 25/02 - Blind man sees wife for the first time in ten years
- 25/02 - Austrian men become first in the world to have bionic hands
- 24/02 - SCIENCE - Mapping the unborn baby’s brain to better combat disease
- 19/02 - FOCUS - The future of tackling global health issues discussed at the World…
- 17/02 - SCIENCE - Mind games developed as researchers take a peek into premature brains
- 13/02 - FUTURIS - Messenger RNA: the molecule that may teach our bodies to beat cancer
- 13/02 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can our cells create medicines?
- 02/02 - FUTURIS - Sucker punch: the European research project dealing a blow to mosquitoes
- 19/01 - FUTURIS - Do you know: where’s the cure for HIV?
- 06/01 - SCIENCE - Diabetes: could bacteria provide a cure?
- 02/01 - Do you know: how do you feed a mosquito?
- 27/11 - US researchers optimistic about Ebola vaccine
- 25/11 - Scientists find brain’s weak spot for dementia and schizophrenia
- 24/11 - FUTURIS - Turning the tide in the war against AIDS
- 18/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Red Cross urges quicker response on Ebola
- 03/11 - FUTURIS - Longer life for damaged livers
- 03/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we boost injured livers?
- 28/10 - SCIENCE - Ebola: ‘Europe’s situation is excellent’ –…
- 13/10 - SCIENCE - Synthetic bones: a booming market
- 01/10 - HI-TECH - Copper arrests hospital infections
- 29/09 - HI-TECH - NanoKnife: cutting-edge cancer treatment on trial
- 24/09 - HI-TECH - Brain to brain communication edges closer
- 18/09 - HI-TECH - Ultrasound technology used to guide the blind
- 15/09 - SCIENCE - Bee’s honey could replace antibiotics
- 01/09 - SCIENCE - China conducts first 3D printed vertebra implant
- 23/07 - SCIENCE - Fishy solution: sun cream that is a load of old cods
- 22/07 - SCIENCE - Sleep problems a growing health hazard
- 16/07 - SCIENCE - New test can detect early signs of autism in babies
- 10/07 - SCIENCE - Alzheimer’s disease test hopes
- 09/07 - HI-TECH - Dexterous hand with the right touch
- 01/07 - SCIENCE - Turning dreams into reality
- 09/06 - FUTURIS - A second chance for injured brains
- 09/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: do injured brains dream?
- 03/06 - HI-TECH - Radiosurgery advances in cancer treatments