World news about “Health” published by euronews.
Public sector doctors and nurses went on strike in Greece on Wednesday, amid the country's financial crisis. They say they are fed up with under-staffing and under-funding - and are demanding back pay. Hospitals were functioning with emergency staff while a demonstration was…
13/05 17:13 CET
An Italian nurse who tested positive for Ebola after returning from…
13/05 14:14 CET
Thousands of healthcare workers, including doctors and nurses, have…
13/05 12:43 CET
The 2015 Princess of Asturias Social Sciences prizewinner is French…
12/05 15:39 CET
It was Frank Sinatra who said, "alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but…
09/05 13:43 CET
Liberia has been declared Ebola free by the World Health Organisation (WHO) after 42 days with no new cases. The West African nation was one…
FUTURIS | 04/05 13:40 CET
Antibiotics have saved countless lives since the discovery of…
03/05 01:00 CET
Aid agencies in Nepal are in a race against time to deliver much-needed food to villages destroyed by last week's earthquake. This used to be…
02/05 17:04 CET
People in Nepal are lining up to be vaccinated against measles, as part…
01/05 01:18 CET
Scientists in Sao Paulo in Brazil have released up to 100,000…
- 28/04 - Belgian under-21 international Gregory Mertens fighting for his life after…
- 27/04 - HIV self-test kit goes on sale in UK
- 24/04 - FUTURIS - The walking robot set to help elderly people live an autonomous life
- 24/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a robotic walker?
- 23/04 - Why does this man want his head transplanted?
- 23/04 - SPACE - The Astronaut Academy: “We focus on leg muscles and back…
- 23/04 - SPACE - ESA Astronaut trainer André Rosenberger explains how you get fit for space
- 12/04 - ‘No jab, no pay’: Australia to cut welfare for…
- 10/04 - LEARNING WORLD - Dare to care: how teachers impact on the wellbeing of students
- 10/04 - FUTURIS - Surviving strokes: University of Birmingham leading research into cutting…
- 09/04 - How could a cup of tea or soup prevent illness? – a Traditional Chinese…
- 06/04 - TARGET - Japan: using smart technology to save lives at sea and beyond
- 04/04 - France cracks down on anorexia
- 03/04 - U TALK - Is ‘Glyphosate’ herbicide a health risk?
- 27/03 - Andreas Lubitz: Torn-up sick note and ‘mystery illness’ raise…
- 27/03 - Ebola vaccines ‘appear to be safe’ in tests
- 26/03 - Amazement in the hometown of Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 24/03 - Angelina Jolie has both ovaries removed over cancer risk
- 23/03 - FOCUS - Europe’s ageing population: how will healthcare systems cope?
- 23/03 - FUTURIS - Vision of the future: new adaptable lens to prolong sight of aging eyes
- 23/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s better, the eye or the camera?
- 23/03 - Ashya King ‘free from cancer’ 7 months after leaving Britain
- 17/03 - France passes ‘deep sleep’ bill for end of life patients
- 16/03 - FUTURIS - Movement sensor device improves life quality for Parkinson’s patients
- 16/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can electronics fight Parkinson’s?
- 15/03 - Care, not paperwork, say French health workers
- 14/03 - Sepulveda succumbs to pneumonia and is hospitalised
- 13/03 - Putin is not ill. He’s at his country residence, says Russian TV
- 13/03 - Russia: Kremlin dismisses rumours over Putin’s health
- 12/03 - 30,000 chickens culled in bird flu outbreak, Dutch government confirms
- 12/03 - Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health
- 10/03 - France: Controversial draft law revives euthanasia debate
- 06/03 - 50g of sugar per day to be healthy? Easier said than done!
- 05/03 - Liberia discharges ‘last Ebola patient’ from medical care
- 04/03 - Dortmund receive injury boost
- 03/03 - World class coma recovery centre threatened by Italy’s healthcare…
- 25/02 - Blind man sees wife for the first time in ten years
- 25/02 - Austrian men become first in the world to have bionic hands
- 19/02 - FOCUS - The future of tackling global health issues discussed at the World…
- 16/02 - SCIENCE - Live – World Innovation Summit for Health 2015
- 14/02 - Italy stunned by baby’s death in ambulance after ‘hospitals…
- 13/02 - FUTURIS - Messenger RNA: the molecule that may teach our bodies to beat cancer
- 13/02 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can our cells create medicines?
- 06/02 - Canada overturns ban on doctor-assisted suicide
- 06/02 - Speculation on condition of Bobbi Brown daughter of late singer Whitney…
- 05/02 - Female Genital Mutilation: why do so many cases go unpunished in Europe?
- 05/02 - Hope for patients of mitochondrial diseases after UK’s historic vote
- 02/02 - Measles outbreak in the US: Obama urges parents to vaccinate children
- 02/02 - FUTURIS - Sucker punch: the European research project dealing a blow to mosquitoes
- 02/02 - India carries out its first double hand transplant
- 30/01 - U TALK - The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – a user’s guide
- 30/01 - Ukrainian artillery fire thwarts rebel plan to surround government troops…
- 23/01 - An end in sight to Ebola, but WHO warns fight is not over
- 22/01 - UK MPs to vote on plain cigarette packaging
- 21/01 - NEWS + - Greek voters crave education and health rescue
- 19/01 - FUTURIS - Do you know: where’s the cure for HIV?
- 16/01 - LEARNING WORLD - Don’t worry, be happy: learning to conquer fears and anxieties
- 08/01 - Germany: nurse admits killing 30 patients
- 04/01 - UK Ebola nurse Pauline Cafferkey ‘critically ill’ in London…
- 02/01 - Do you know: how do you feed a mosquito?
- 02/01 - Relentless spread of Ebola continues with Sierra Leone worst hit
- 31/12 - Two British patients test negative for Ebola
- 31/12 - Saudi King undergoing medical tests in Riyadh hospital
- 31/12 - Bush Sr. leaves hospital after breathing difficulties
- 30/12 - Formula 1 driver Bianchi ‘unconscious but breathing unaided’
- 30/12 - UK Ebola patient Pauline Cafferkey arrives in London for treatment
- 29/12 - Ebola financial symptoms could cost 3 billion euros in 2015
- 27/12 - Indonesia: Recycling for free healthcare
- 24/12 - Sierra Leone imposes lockdown to stop transmission of Ebola
- 24/12 - Former US President George HW Bush admitted to hospital
- 21/12 - Boxing great Muhammad Ali hospitalised with pneumonia