World news about “European politics” published by euronews.
How far has the EU come in developing a common immigration policy? Not far enough, say critics, given the disparity of its voices. None of the EU member states dispute their core humanitarian values, but few of them can agree on harmonisation, notably sharing costs and the…
31/08 10:54 CET
Migrant Crisis Live: Calais news conference by French Prime Minister…
EUROPE WEEKLY | 28/08 13:39 CET
Coming up on this edition of Europe Weekly…euronews takes ride on the migrant express as hundreds people try to make it to Serbia and on…
U TALK | 31/07 09:39 CET
This week on UTalk, a question from Mary in Dublin: “I will be…
BRUSSELS BUREAU | 30/07 13:19 CET
German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schäuble wants the European…
THE NETWORK | 16/07 12:05 CET
The threat of Greece leaving the EU, or a “Grexit,” has…
U TALK | 10/07 08:18 CET
Is Europe worried about the problem of migration due to climate…
U TALK | 03/07 08:39 CET
Concerns about food products from cloned animals are preoccupying Emma…
U TALK | 26/06 09:21 CET
Mutual recognition of driving licenses and validity of insurance…
THE NETWORK | 18/06 16:12 CET
The European Union scores just 54 points out of 100 in its own gender equality index. To shake things up, the European Parliament recently…
- 12/06 - U TALK - Refugee or migrant: what’s the difference?
- 11/06 - THE NETWORK - Jobless Youth: struggling programs, debating new solutions
- 10/06 - Putin hails “special relationship” with Italy on Milan visit
- 05/06 - REPORTER - Enter the elephant – EU relationship finally takes UK centre stage
- 04/06 - ON THE FRONTLINE - N-bomb, China White, Spice – the new wave in deadly designer drugs
- 04/06 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Drugs: full debate
- 27/05 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Europe’s open border dilemma; is Schengen a success?
- 27/05 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Schengen area: full debate
- 23/05 - EU Summit: Cameron ‘confident’ of reforms in Brussels
- 22/05 - ‘The dictator is coming’ – Juncker’s cheeky…
- 22/05 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: EU backs migrant mission to its south, looks east
- 22/05 - U TALK - Towards a child-friendly judicial system in Europe
- 22/05 - Explained Cameron and the EU: what does a Brexit mean?
- 20/05 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Expectations low for EU summit amid fears of provoking Russia
- 19/05 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU unwraps plan to cut back on red tape
- 19/05 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - NGOs, left-wing MEPs seek tougher rules on ‘conflict minerals’
- 15/05 - PERSPECTIVES - African migrants suffer even if they manage to reach Europe
- 15/05 - U TALK - Impact of ‘geoblocking’ on e-commerce
- 14/05 - Germany says root causes must be tackled in migrants’ home nations
- 11/05 - Mogherini asks UN Security Council to back EU migrants plan
- 08/05 - U TALK - How strong are EU-China ties?
- 27/04 - Reform calls over ‘fundamental flaws’ of European Arrest…
- 24/04 - U TALK - The Importance of the CE Mark for Toys
- 22/04 - Hundreds of migrants dock in Sicily; a further 115 rescued off Libyan coast
- 22/04 - Fleeing migrants need long-term solution from EU: Renzi
- 21/04 - Captain of migrant boat arrested on suspicion of multiple homicide
- 20/04 - Death in the Mediterranean: how papers reported the tragedy
- 19/04 - Hundreds feared drowned in Mediterranean; Italy calls for help
- 17/04 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: Google back in spotlight over ‘abuse’ of market…
- 17/04 - U TALK - Cyberterrorism: is there a European response?
- 16/04 - THE NETWORK - Cuba thaw: is trade taking precedence over human rights?
- 15/04 - Lobbying a ‘key corruption risk facing Europe’, claims report
- 13/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Do EU petitions work?
- 03/04 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: Greece debt showdown far from settled
- 27/03 - U TALK - ‘I want to set up my own cosmetic business. What kind of European…
- 23/03 - FOCUS - Europe’s ageing population: how will healthcare systems cope?
- 20/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU leaders vow to stand by Tunisia
- 19/03 - THE NETWORK - Libya on the brink: amid civil war fears and growing ISIL threat…
- 18/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU unveils tax transparency plans
- 09/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Defence experts cool on Juncker’s EU army scheme
- 02/03 - INTERVIEW - European Parliament’s Martin Schulz says cuts not enough for Greece
- 02/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU officials set sights on new drone directive
- 24/02 - REAL ECONOMY - EU’s 315 billion investment plan scrutinised
- 18/02 - U TALK - How much does Greek debt cost you?
- 13/02 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: EU ‘hopes’ Ukraine peace deal can stick
- 11/02 - Migrant deaths in Mediterranean show Triton inadequate
- 11/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs want tougher labelling rules
- 30/01 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: Greek election aftermath
- 30/01 - U TALK - The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – a user’s guide
- 29/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU interior ministers back airline data sharing
- 29/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU edges closer to airline data sharing after Charlie Hebdo attacks
- 27/01 - REAL ECONOMY - EU macro regions – a way to resolve issues with your neighbours?
- 23/01 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: Europeans still reeling from Paris terror attacks
- 23/01 - U TALK - The devil in the detail: know your rights in service contracts
- 17/01 - Belgium says suspects detained in Greece not linked to its terror probe
- 16/01 - U TALK - Words as weapons: what’s Europe doing to tackle hate on the net?
- 08/01 - THE NETWORK - Trading blows: thrashing out the pros and cons of EU-US trade talks
- 07/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU publishes free trade papers amid transparency row
- 19/12 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - euronews discusses Russia with Latvian PM after EU summit ends
- 18/12 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: EU Investment plans, protesters and parliamentary woes in…
- 17/12 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Chaos or cohesion: how will Europe respond to a major terror attack?
- 17/12 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Crisis management: full debate
- 11/12 - THE NETWORK - Let’s be clear: Concerns for EU in Transparency International…
- 01/12 - NEWS + - EU looks east as Tusk takes top job
- 01/12 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Poland’s Tusk takes over EU helm
- 27/11 - THE NETWORK - The new EU presidency
- 27/11 - Google-busters draw plans in European Parliament
- 12/11 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Europe’s sex slave shame: is enough being done to fight human…
- 12/11 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Human trafficking: full debate
- 05/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Cameron has problems with other EU leaders, says Commission chief Juncker
- 31/10 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: EU’s action on Ebola