World news about “European politics” published by euronews.
SOLVIT is a European problem-solving tool that can help entrepreneurs and citizens assert their rights in problem situations arising from incorrect applications of EU legislation. Lena Nordquist, the service’s coordinator in Sweden, says it can help in a wide range of…
REPORTER | 02/10 07:04 CET
French farmers are committing suicide on an almost daily basis…
01/10 12:47 CET
As the world faces its worst refugee crisis since World War II UN Secretary General Ban-Ki Moon has convened a meeting on migration and…
EUROPE WEEKLY | 25/09 16:51 CET
In this edition of Europe Weekly: EU leaders hold talks on how to…
INTERVIEW | 16/09 16:12 CET
For years Vangelis Meimarakis has served in centre-right governments…
EUROPE WEEKLY | 11/09 11:45 CET
In this week’s edition of Europe Weekly: Jean-Claude Juncker…
- 11/09 - U TALK - What is the legal status in Europe of human embryos?
- 09/09 - Ordinary Europeans organise help for new refugee arrivals
- 04/09 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: EU calls for urgent summit to tackle migrant crisis
- 04/09 - U TALK - Technological change a nettle that must be grasped says expert
- 03/09 - Refugee crisis ‘a German problem’ says Hungary’s Viktor…
- 02/09 - INTERVIEW - Exclusive: Mediterranean deaths are changing attitudes to migration…
- 02/09 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU plans new migration system
- 31/08 - EU migration policy long on diversity, short on unity
- 31/08 - Migrant Crisis Live: Calais news conference by French ministers and senior…
- 28/08 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: migrant crisis spins out of control
- 31/07 - U TALK - What can I take with me when I travel within the EU?
- 30/07 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Schäuble wants EU Commission oversight role reduced
- 30/07 - THE NETWORK - Is Europe doing enough for missing children?
- 29/07 - “Arrivo Berlin” – a project in Berlin training migrants…
- 16/07 - THE NETWORK - EU divisions: is ‘eurogeddon’ just a matter of time?
- 10/07 - U TALK - Climate change and migration : A hot issue for Europe
- 03/07 - U TALK - Food from animal clones: what European citizens need to know
- 26/06 - U TALK - All you need to know about using your driving licence across EU borders
- 18/06 - THE NETWORK - Closing the gender gap in Europe: a losing battle?
- 12/06 - U TALK - Refugee or migrant: what’s the difference?
- 11/06 - THE NETWORK - Jobless Youth: struggling programs, debating new solutions
- 10/06 - Putin hails “special relationship” with Italy on Milan visit
- 05/06 - REPORTER - Enter the elephant – EU relationship finally takes UK centre stage
- 04/06 - ON THE FRONTLINE - N-bomb, China White, Spice – the new wave in deadly designer drugs
- 04/06 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Drugs: full debate
- 27/05 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Europe’s open border dilemma; is Schengen a success?
- 27/05 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Schengen area: full debate
- 23/05 - EU Summit: Cameron ‘confident’ of reforms in Brussels
- 22/05 - ‘The dictator is coming’ – Juncker’s cheeky…
- 22/05 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: EU backs migrant mission to its south, looks east
- 22/05 - U TALK - Towards a child-friendly judicial system in Europe
- 22/05 - Explained Cameron and the EU: what does a Brexit mean?
- 20/05 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Expectations low for EU summit amid fears of provoking Russia
- 19/05 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU unwraps plan to cut back on red tape
- 19/05 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - NGOs, left-wing MEPs seek tougher rules on ‘conflict minerals’
- 15/05 - PERSPECTIVES - African migrants suffer even if they manage to reach Europe
- 15/05 - U TALK - Impact of ‘geoblocking’ on e-commerce
- 14/05 - Germany says root causes must be tackled in migrants’ home nations
- 11/05 - Mogherini asks UN Security Council to back EU migrants plan
- 08/05 - U TALK - How strong are EU-China ties?
- 27/04 - Reform calls over ‘fundamental flaws’ of European Arrest…
- 24/04 - U TALK - The Importance of the CE Mark for Toys
- 22/04 - Hundreds of migrants dock in Sicily; a further 115 rescued off Libyan coast
- 22/04 - Fleeing migrants need long-term solution from EU: Renzi
- 21/04 - Captain of migrant boat arrested on suspicion of multiple homicide
- 20/04 - Death in the Mediterranean: how papers reported the tragedy
- 19/04 - Hundreds feared drowned in Mediterranean; Italy calls for help
- 17/04 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: Google back in spotlight over ‘abuse’ of market…
- 17/04 - U TALK - Cyberterrorism: is there a European response?
- 16/04 - THE NETWORK - Cuba thaw: is trade taking precedence over human rights?
- 15/04 - Lobbying a ‘key corruption risk facing Europe’, claims report
- 13/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Do EU petitions work?
- 03/04 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: Greece debt showdown far from settled
- 27/03 - U TALK - ‘I want to set up my own cosmetic business. What kind of European…
- 23/03 - FOCUS - Europe’s ageing population: how will healthcare systems cope?
- 20/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU leaders vow to stand by Tunisia
- 19/03 - THE NETWORK - Libya on the brink: amid civil war fears and growing ISIL threat…
- 18/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU unveils tax transparency plans
- 09/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Defence experts cool on Juncker’s EU army scheme
- 02/03 - INTERVIEW - European Parliament’s Martin Schulz says cuts not enough for Greece
- 02/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU officials set sights on new drone directive
- 24/02 - REAL ECONOMY - EU’s 315 billion investment plan scrutinised
- 18/02 - U TALK - How much does Greek debt cost you?
- 13/02 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: EU ‘hopes’ Ukraine peace deal can stick
- 11/02 - Migrant deaths in Mediterranean show Triton inadequate
- 11/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs want tougher labelling rules
- 30/01 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: Greek election aftermath
- 30/01 - U TALK - The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – a user’s guide
- 29/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU interior ministers back airline data sharing
- 29/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU edges closer to airline data sharing after Charlie Hebdo attacks
- 27/01 - REAL ECONOMY - EU macro regions – a way to resolve issues with your neighbours?