World news about “European politics” published by euronews.
This is the Brief from Brussels, a daily show with all the stories making waves across Europe. In this episode: Greece in the spotlight again as it hopes to get billions of Euros in debt relief; Austria narrowly rejects a far right president as the Green party take power; and…
BRUSSELS BUREAU | 20/05 16:18 CET
EU Ministers have agreed on an ‘emergency brake’ for visa…
STATE OF THE UNION | 20/05 15:31 CET
In this edition of State of the Union: The Queen’s speech comes…
PERSPECTIVES | 13/05 13:53 CET
Television channel France 3 highlighted the remarkable story of Amir…
BRUSSELS BUREAU | 06/05 15:45 CET
Pope Francis has been awarded the Charlemagne Prize, given for…
STATE OF THE UNION | 06/05 14:26 CET
In this edition of Europe Weekly: The EU stands ready to give Turkey…
INSIDERS | 06/05 13:05 CET
Last year saw the highest number of people fleeing their country since…
05/05 14:04 CET
Uber is going on a charm offensive by creating a public policy…
04/05 18:54 CET
Those anxiously waiting on the Greek-Macedonian border have reacted…
- 02/05 - The EU agreement with Turkey on Syrian refugees
- 29/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - UN urges restraint in Syrian conflict as peace talks stumble on
- 18/04 - REAL ECONOMY - EU banks on deeper economic union – but at what cost?
- 18/04 - REAL ECONOMY - Empowered or Not: Plan for Deepening EMU
- 18/04 - REAL ECONOMY - How strong is euro area monetary policy
- 15/04 - PERSPECTIVES - Music and maths to show solidarity with refugees who arrive in Europe
- 14/04 - THE GLOBAL CONVERSATION - ‘Moral crisis’ could ‘destroy’ EU, warns Bulgarian…
- 12/04 - Italy’s Renzi visits Iran in bid to renew trade ties
- 09/04 - Deported migrants call for freedom from behind barred windows
- 07/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU’s Moscovici urges tougher action on tax havens
- 30/03 - Sharp rise in new migrant arrivals to Greece despite EU-Turkey deal
- 30/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU wades into Erdogan satirical song spat
- 18/03 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: The EU and Turkey strike controversial deal over refugees
- 12/03 - Migrant crisis takes centre stage as Hollande hosts European left leaders
- 11/03 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: EU-Turkey ‘deal’ under fire
- 11/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Martin Schulz expels Golden Dawn MEP Synadinos
- 11/03 - CINEMA - EU Media Programme celebrates 25th anniversary
- 11/03 - U TALK - Manna from Brussels: How to get EU funding for your project
- 10/03 - THE NETWORK - Is the European Union doomed?
- 07/03 - REAL ECONOMY - The Economics of Health & Safety
- 07/03 - REAL ECONOMY - Who is doing well in Europe for Health and Safety?
- 07/03 - REAL ECONOMY - What to do to improve H&S implementation?
- 04/03 - U TALK - Know your rights when your company sends you to work in the EU
- 02/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Croatian PM calls for more EU help with refugees
- 01/03 - More confrontations at Calais migrant camp after bulldozers move in
- 26/02 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: EU divided on refugees
- 26/02 - U TALK - MOOC, COOC and SPOC – Different online courses, different needs
- 25/02 - THE NETWORK - Is aid the solution to European migrant crisis?
- 22/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - European Commission won’t campaign for Britain to remain in EU
- 20/02 - Cameron’s EU reform deal gets mixed reactions from Britons
- 20/02 - Brexit: how the deal was done
- 20/02 - UK referendum will be on 23rd of June
- 20/02 - Referendum on UK membership of the EU to be held on June 23
- 19/02 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: Britain seals landmark ‘special status’ deal
- 19/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Migrant crisis: EU-Turkey summit planned to beef up action
- 19/02 - U TALK - U-Talk goes to the (European) movies
- 15/02 - Australia’s billion-dollar drug bust: liquid meth hidden in bras…
- 12/02 - U TALK - Focus on the sharing economy
- 08/02 - REAL ECONOMY - DSM Delivery Priority
- 05/02 - U TALK - Britain’s demands for EU reform
- 29/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - UK’s Cameron cool on EU’s reform offer
- 27/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU seeks greater powers to police car industry after VW row
- 22/01 - U TALK - A universal income – what it is and how it works
- 15/01 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: Poland under fire over media laws
- 15/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Don’t blame us for refugee policy failure, says EU’s Juncker
- 15/01 - U TALK - Owning a gun in the EU
- 14/01 - THE NETWORK - Europe’s economic challenges for 2016
- 08/01 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: emergency talks over border controls and is…
- 08/01 - U TALK - Tackling antiquities trafficking
- 06/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Hungary’s ‘populist model is taking hold across the whole of…
- 21/12 - REAL ECONOMY - Status check on #InvestEU one year in
- 21/12 - REAL ECONOMY - International investors keen on #InvestEU
- 21/12 - REAL ECONOMY - What to expect from #InvestEU in 2016
- 21/12 - REAL ECONOMY - Europe: which projects and why?
- 11/12 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: EU agrees tentative deal on air passenger data
- 11/12 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU plans new border force
- 11/12 - U TALK - The right to be forgotten on the internet
- 09/12 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU seeks to reform digital copyright laws
- 07/12 - REAL ECONOMY - A portrait of poverty: Europe’s women & children
- 04/12 - Swiss government says will impose immigrant quotas if no EU deal reached
- 04/12 - U TALK - From a linear to a circular economy
- 27/11 - U TALK - Utalk: European PNR – what’s at stake?
- 23/11 - REAL ECONOMY - Shining a light on Europe’s shadow economy
- 23/11 - REAL ECONOMY - Why is the Shadow Economy bad?
- 23/11 - REAL ECONOMY - How Can Europe Tackle the Shadow Economy?
- 23/11 - REAL ECONOMY - How to calculate the Shadow Economy?
- 20/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU backs French demands for better surveillance after Paris attacks
- 18/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU plans tougher gun rules
- 17/11 - EU’s Schulz expresses solidarity with Hollande at Versailles
- 13/11 - U TALK - Food for thought: what are ‘novel foods’ and how safe are they?
- 10/11 - Portugal’s centre-right coalition government ousted