World news about “European politics” published by euronews.
Euronews correspondent Sándor Zsiros spoke with UN Deputy Secretary-General Jan Eliasson during his visit to Brussels this week. In this excerpt of the interview, the UN’s number two underlined his concerns about the EU-Turkey migration deal, as well as the prospects…
REAL ECONOMY | 18/04 12:51 CET
This edition of The Real Economy turns the spotlight on the hotly…
PERSPECTIVES | 15/04 16:30 CET
Europe is more than ever divided with how it reacts to the refugee…
THE GLOBAL CONVERSATION | 14/04 14:50 CET
In this edition of The Global Conversation, Bulgarian President Rosen…
12/04 11:10 CET
The Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has begun a two-day trip to…
09/04 09:40 CET
Some 325 migrants have been deported to Turkey from the Greek island…
30/03 17:57 CET
The number of migrants and refugees landing on Greek shores has risen…
STATE OF THE UNION | 18/03 14:21 CET
In this week’s edition of Europe Weekly: the EU and Turkey strike a…
- 12/03 - Migrant crisis takes centre stage as Hollande hosts European left leaders
- 11/03 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: EU-Turkey ‘deal’ under fire
- 11/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Martin Schulz expels Golden Dawn MEP Synadinos
- 11/03 - CINEMA - EU Media Programme celebrates 25th anniversary
- 11/03 - U TALK - Manna from Brussels: How to get EU funding for your project
- 10/03 - THE NETWORK - Is the European Union doomed?
- 07/03 - REAL ECONOMY - The Economics of Health & Safety
- 07/03 - REAL ECONOMY - Who is doing well in Europe for Health and Safety?
- 07/03 - REAL ECONOMY - What to do to improve H&S implementation?
- 04/03 - U TALK - Know your rights when your company sends you to work in the EU
- 02/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Croatian PM calls for more EU help with refugees
- 01/03 - More confrontations at Calais migrant camp after bulldozers move in
- 26/02 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: EU divided on refugees
- 26/02 - U TALK - MOOC, COOC and SPOC – Different online courses, different needs
- 25/02 - THE NETWORK - Is aid the solution to European migrant crisis?
- 22/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - European Commission won’t campaign for Britain to remain in EU
- 20/02 - Cameron’s EU reform deal gets mixed reactions from Britons
- 20/02 - Brexit: how the deal was done
- 20/02 - UK referendum will be on 23rd of June
- 20/02 - Referendum on UK membership of the EU to be held on June 23
- 19/02 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: Britain seals landmark ‘special status’ deal
- 19/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Migrant crisis: EU-Turkey summit planned to beef up action
- 19/02 - U TALK - U-Talk goes to the (European) movies
- 15/02 - Australia’s billion-dollar drug bust: liquid meth hidden in bras…
- 12/02 - U TALK - Focus on the sharing economy
- 08/02 - REAL ECONOMY - DSM Delivery Priority
- 05/02 - U TALK - Britain’s demands for EU reform
- 29/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - UK’s Cameron cool on EU’s reform offer
- 27/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU seeks greater powers to police car industry after VW row
- 22/01 - U TALK - A universal income – what it is and how it works
- 15/01 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: Poland under fire over media laws
- 15/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Don’t blame us for refugee policy failure, says EU’s Juncker
- 15/01 - U TALK - Owning a gun in the EU
- 14/01 - THE NETWORK - Europe’s economic challenges for 2016
- 08/01 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: emergency talks over border controls and is…
- 08/01 - U TALK - Tackling antiquities trafficking
- 06/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Hungary’s ‘populist model is taking hold across the whole of…
- 21/12 - REAL ECONOMY - Status check on #InvestEU one year in
- 21/12 - REAL ECONOMY - International investors keen on #InvestEU
- 21/12 - REAL ECONOMY - What to expect from #InvestEU in 2016
- 21/12 - REAL ECONOMY - Europe: which projects and why?
- 11/12 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: EU agrees tentative deal on air passenger data
- 11/12 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU plans new border force
- 11/12 - U TALK - The right to be forgotten on the internet
- 09/12 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU seeks to reform digital copyright laws
- 07/12 - REAL ECONOMY - A portrait of poverty: Europe’s women & children
- 04/12 - Swiss government says will impose immigrant quotas if no EU deal reached
- 04/12 - U TALK - From a linear to a circular economy
- 27/11 - U TALK - Utalk: European PNR – what’s at stake?
- 23/11 - REAL ECONOMY - Shining a light on Europe’s shadow economy
- 23/11 - REAL ECONOMY - Why is the Shadow Economy bad?
- 23/11 - REAL ECONOMY - How Can Europe Tackle the Shadow Economy?
- 23/11 - REAL ECONOMY - How to calculate the Shadow Economy?
- 20/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU backs French demands for better surveillance after Paris attacks
- 18/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU plans tougher gun rules
- 17/11 - EU’s Schulz expresses solidarity with Hollande at Versailles
- 13/11 - U TALK - Food for thought: what are ‘novel foods’ and how safe are they?
- 10/11 - Portugal’s centre-right coalition government ousted
- 10/11 - Turkey ‘won’t beg for EU membership’, as tables turn
- 10/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Turkey: EU report highlights ‘backslidings’ in media freedom…
- 09/11 - Slow Greek reforms cost Athens latest two billion euro aid package
- 09/11 - REAL ECONOMY - Partnering to grow Europe
- 09/11 - REAL ECONOMY - Partnership to Solve Our Biggest Crisis
- 06/11 - U TALK - Is the end really nigh for roaming charges in Europe?
- 30/10 - BUSINESS PLANET - Protecting intellectual property to boost business
- 30/10 - U TALK - People power: how crowdfunding works
- 29/10 - Migrants: what is happening where
- 28/10 - Germany sharpens its tone with Austria over migrants
- 21/10 - Migrants: the EU calls an emergency summit to tackle the Balkan bottleneck
- 16/10 - BUSINESS PLANET - Enhancing access to finance with COSME
- 16/10 - STATE OF THE UNION - Europe Weekly: EU seeks migrant deal with Turkey