World news about “Environmental protection” published by euronews.
Trees do the vital job of absorbing carbon dioxide, which contributes to global warming, and producing oxygen. But at the moment, the only way to measure how much carbon is stored in a tree is to chop it down and weigh it. So a new technique is being developed, which uses a…
23/01 09:31 CET
New Hampshire wildlife officials are drawing up a proposal to curb the use of chocolate as bait by hunters seeking to draw black bears out of…
SCIENCE | 21/01 10:19 CET
Lake Baikal, the world's largest freshwater lake is under threat. It…
20/12 16:49 CET
Executive Director of Greenpeace, Kumi Naidoo, has testified in the Nazca case. A member of the organisation is accused of being involved in…
14/12 15:59 CET
About 190 nations gathered at ==the COP20 climate summit in Peru== have…
11/12 10:08 CET
They came in their thousands, angry and anxious over a canal construction project in Nicaragua that many fear will obliterate their homes and…
03/12 16:27 CET
Germany's energy transition has taken a new step in the country's commitment to reduce carbon emissions -- even more ambitious than the…
SCIENCE | 03/12 12:14 CET
Scientists are warning that ==the Earth's coral reefs could be extinct…
02/12 11:04 CET
In 1984 a pesticide leak from a factory owned by US chemical company…
- 28/11 - BUSINESS PLANET - Upgrade to the circular economy
- 27/11 - Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage?
- 24/11 - TARGET - In Rotterdam everything’s gone green
- 19/11 - US senate defeats controversial Keystone XL pipeline bill
- 19/11 - Keystone pipeline fails in Senate
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Watching for bubbles: storing CO2 at sea
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a bubble-box?
- 03/11 - LIFE - Wadi Hanifah: an urban oasis reborn
- 03/11 - Protests continue over controversial French dam project
- 27/10 - SCIENCE - Sustainable habitat in Colombia: building homes with plastic bottles
- 24/10 - EU lays out new energy policy, Greens say it doesn’t go far enough
- 14/10 - US coal mine closures causing job and business losses
- 06/10 - FUTURIS - Picking your moments: the science behind foraging in forests
- 06/10 - FUTURIS - Do you know: who owns mushrooms in a forest?
- 24/09 - Alert in US after acid spill in Mexico mine
- 22/09 - Global protest to call for climate change protection
- 21/09 - Plastic protest in Berlin
- 12/09 - U TALK - Obtaining EU Ecolabel accreditation
- 11/09 - Ozone layer shows signs of recovery
- 09/09 - Greenhouse gases hit record levels
- 12/08 - Shere madness: trade in illegal tiger parts on the increase
- 31/07 - SCIENCE - Buzz and roar airport bees used to monitor aircraft pollution
- 30/07 - SCIENCE - Is time running out for the tiger?
- 29/07 - Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 21/07 - URBAN VISIONS - Hong Kong gets smart on mobility
- 21/07 - URBAN VISIONS - Hong Kong mobility: “People are squeezed into a very tight…
- 16/07 - Car crushed by huge tree during Typhoon Rammasun
- 04/07 - URBAN VISIONS - Tons of shellfish wash ashore on Arabian Sea coast – nocomment
- 03/07 - Fabien Cousteau surfaces after record-breaking 31 days underwater
- 30/06 - Forest fires in southern Spain
- 28/06 - Electric aircraft takes flight
- 26/06 - HI-TECH - What the Elf is this – bike or car?
- 23/06 - URBAN VISIONS - Breathing better in the Big Apple
- 23/06 - URBAN VISIONS - Is the golden age of natural gas upon us?
- 23/06 - FUTURIS - The Plight of the Pollinators
- 23/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we survive without bees?
- 17/06 - HI-TECH - The Ultimate fuel and emission saving device
- 09/06 - Japan’s PM Shinzo Abe aims to resume Antarctic whale hunt
- 05/06 - FOCUS - Caring for Mexican forests
- 05/06 - Tree-hugging record attempt honours World Environment Day
- 27/05 - China to decommission millions of polluting cars
- 15/05 - SCIENCE - West Antarctic glaciers melting at ‘unstoppable’ rate
- 08/05 - Germany now worst polluter in European Union
- 07/05 - Climate change already extreme says US federal report
- 22/04 - HI-TECH - Turning smog into diamonds
- 07/04 - FUTURIS - Viral attack: defenseless oysters
- 02/04 - HI-TECH - Tired tyres stripped for a new life
- 02/04 - NEWS + - IPCC report: climate change ‘never as rapid as now’
- 31/03 - FUTURIS - Kill the Spill
- 31/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we eat toxic waste?
- 31/03 - UN report issues stark warning on climate change
- 30/03 - Iconic buildings worldwide go dark to mark WWF’s ‘Earth…
- 26/03 - HI-TECH - E-waste: a lucrative but deadly business
- 24/03 - Nuclear protest in Amsterdam
- 21/03 - SCIENCE - Solar powered plane aims for the edge of space
- 18/03 - France: Greenpeace nuclear protest
- 18/03 - HI-TECH - Could bio-plastic be the answer to bottle woes?
- 16/03 - Paris restricts car use after pollution hits dangerous levels
- 11/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Last Man of Fukushima takes anti-nuclear message to Strasbourg
- 07/03 - Mount Everest is set to get a spring clean.
- 05/03 - US judge dismisses record fine for Chevron over Amazon pollution
- 26/02 - HI-TECH - Predicting coastal erosion and flooding in changing climate times
- 21/02 - REPORTER - Troubled waters: the hidden legacy of chemical weapons dumping
- 20/02 - SCIENCE - Iran’s dying lake
- 17/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Water as a human right
- 14/02 - REPORTER - Shale shock: gas exploration fuels future energy debate in UK
- 02/02 - Anti-whaling activists accuse Japan of ramming vessel
- 31/01 - Great Barrier Reef ‘at risk’ from coal development plan
- 28/01 - Folk music pioneer and activist Pete Seeger dies aged 94
- 07/01 - HI-TECH - Eco-friendly alternative to jet-ski and an intelligent farming robot
- 06/01 - SCIENCE - Himalayan brown bears now critically endangered