World news about “Environmental protection” published by euronews.
Three people were injured in an explosion at a chemical plant in northern Spain on Thursday. Authorities advised residents of several small towns near Barcelona to stay indoors as a large toxic cloud spread over the area. The regional government of Catalonia said in a statement…
FUTURIS | 09/02 13:13 CET
At a research facility in Copenhagen, a unique ship's engine has been…
23/01 09:31 CET
New Hampshire wildlife officials are drawing up a proposal to curb the use of chocolate as bait by hunters seeking to draw black bears out of…
SCIENCE | 21/01 10:19 CET
Lake Baikal, the world's largest freshwater lake is under threat. It…
20/12 16:49 CET
Executive Director of Greenpeace, Kumi Naidoo, has testified in the Nazca case. A member of the organisation is accused of being involved in…
14/12 15:59 CET
About 190 nations gathered at ==the COP20 climate summit in Peru== have…
11/12 10:08 CET
They came in their thousands, angry and anxious over a canal construction project in Nicaragua that many fear will obliterate their homes and…
- 03/12 - Germans to cut carbon emissions faster than EU
- 03/12 - SCIENCE - Mapping the oceans’ coral reefs to try and save them from extinction
- 02/12 - Thirty years on, the Union Carbide gas leak continues to poison lives in…
- 28/11 - BUSINESS PLANET - Upgrade to the circular economy
- 27/11 - Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage?
- 24/11 - TARGET - In Rotterdam everything’s gone green
- 19/11 - US senate defeats controversial Keystone XL pipeline bill
- 19/11 - Keystone pipeline fails in Senate
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Watching for bubbles: storing CO2 at sea
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a bubble-box?
- 03/11 - LIFE - Wadi Hanifah: an urban oasis reborn
- 03/11 - Protests continue over controversial French dam project
- 27/10 - SCIENCE - Sustainable habitat in Colombia: building homes with plastic bottles
- 24/10 - EU lays out new energy policy, Greens say it doesn’t go far enough
- 14/10 - US coal mine closures causing job and business losses
- 06/10 - FUTURIS - Picking your moments: the science behind foraging in forests
- 06/10 - FUTURIS - Do you know: who owns mushrooms in a forest?
- 24/09 - Alert in US after acid spill in Mexico mine
- 22/09 - Global protest to call for climate change protection
- 21/09 - Plastic protest in Berlin
- 12/09 - U TALK - Obtaining EU Ecolabel accreditation
- 11/09 - Ozone layer shows signs of recovery
- 09/09 - Greenhouse gases hit record levels
- 12/08 - Shere madness: trade in illegal tiger parts on the increase
- 31/07 - SCIENCE - Buzz and roar airport bees used to monitor aircraft pollution
- 30/07 - SCIENCE - Is time running out for the tiger?
- 29/07 - Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 21/07 - URBAN VISIONS - Hong Kong gets smart on mobility
- 21/07 - URBAN VISIONS - Hong Kong mobility: “People are squeezed into a very tight…
- 16/07 - Car crushed by huge tree during Typhoon Rammasun
- 04/07 - URBAN VISIONS - Tons of shellfish wash ashore on Arabian Sea coast – nocomment
- 03/07 - Fabien Cousteau surfaces after record-breaking 31 days underwater
- 30/06 - Forest fires in southern Spain
- 28/06 - Electric aircraft takes flight
- 26/06 - HI-TECH - What the Elf is this – bike or car?
- 23/06 - URBAN VISIONS - Breathing better in the Big Apple
- 23/06 - URBAN VISIONS - Is the golden age of natural gas upon us?
- 23/06 - FUTURIS - The Plight of the Pollinators
- 23/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we survive without bees?
- 17/06 - HI-TECH - The Ultimate fuel and emission saving device
- 09/06 - Japan’s PM Shinzo Abe aims to resume Antarctic whale hunt
- 05/06 - FOCUS - Caring for Mexican forests
- 05/06 - Tree-hugging record attempt honours World Environment Day
- 27/05 - China to decommission millions of polluting cars
- 15/05 - SCIENCE - West Antarctic glaciers melting at ‘unstoppable’ rate
- 08/05 - Germany now worst polluter in European Union
- 07/05 - Climate change already extreme says US federal report
- 22/04 - HI-TECH - Turning smog into diamonds
- 07/04 - FUTURIS - Viral attack: defenseless oysters
- 02/04 - HI-TECH - Tired tyres stripped for a new life
- 02/04 - NEWS + - IPCC report: climate change ‘never as rapid as now’
- 31/03 - FUTURIS - Kill the Spill
- 31/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we eat toxic waste?
- 31/03 - UN report issues stark warning on climate change
- 30/03 - Iconic buildings worldwide go dark to mark WWF’s ‘Earth…
- 26/03 - HI-TECH - E-waste: a lucrative but deadly business
- 24/03 - Nuclear protest in Amsterdam
- 21/03 - SCIENCE - Solar powered plane aims for the edge of space
- 18/03 - France: Greenpeace nuclear protest
- 18/03 - HI-TECH - Could bio-plastic be the answer to bottle woes?
- 16/03 - Paris restricts car use after pollution hits dangerous levels
- 11/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Last Man of Fukushima takes anti-nuclear message to Strasbourg
- 07/03 - Mount Everest is set to get a spring clean.
- 05/03 - US judge dismisses record fine for Chevron over Amazon pollution
- 26/02 - HI-TECH - Predicting coastal erosion and flooding in changing climate times
- 21/02 - REPORTER - Troubled waters: the hidden legacy of chemical weapons dumping
- 20/02 - SCIENCE - Iran’s dying lake
- 14/02 - REPORTER - Shale shock: gas exploration fuels future energy debate in UK
- 28/01 - Folk music pioneer and activist Pete Seeger dies aged 94
- 07/01 - HI-TECH - Eco-friendly alternative to jet-ski and an intelligent farming robot
- 06/01 - SCIENCE - Himalayan brown bears now critically endangered