World news about “Ecology” published by euronews.
How can we recycle CO2, harness wind in urban areas and fly with the help of helium? Discover three European projects who are tackling climate change head-on. Bury the emissions euronews: Global climate change is one of humanity’s biggest problems, but what can we do…
U TALK | 16/10 08:38 CET
This week on Utalk, a question from Olivier in Brussels: “90 million tonnes of food are thrown away in the European Union every year…
FUTURIS | 28/09 11:24 CET
With water shortages a growing problem around the world recycling…
FUTURIS | 07/09 12:30 CET
Whey from cheese production and other agricultural waste can be a valuable raw material for new biodegradable plastic. A European research…
13/08 14:26 CET
Today, August 13, is Earth Overshoot Day, meaning that in less than…
FUTURIS | 27/07 11:24 CET
The grassy banks of the river Barrow in Ireland may look unproductive…
24/07 15:23 CET
Sickening new footage has emerged claiming to show pilot whales being…
SCIENCE | 09/07 15:09 CET
Visitors to Iceland are getting a new perspective on one of…
- 08/07 - SCIENCE - Moribund Salton Sea fast becoming a Californian health hazard
- 26/06 - BUSINESS PLANET - Industrial symbiosis in Kalundborg: turning waste into a resource
- 24/06 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Dirty business: mafia’s toxic waste crimes spread across Europe
- 24/06 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Environmental pollution: full debate
- 22/06 - FUTURIS - Waste not, want not: Ghana’s mushrooming bio-waste initiative
- 18/06 - Pope Francis bestrides global diplomacy with his environment encyclical
- 18/06 - What is Pope Francis’ encyclical on the future of our planet?
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Helping farms produce more crops with less water
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can crops grow without water?
- 22/05 - Mixed reaction to French plans to force supermarkets to donate unsold food
- 22/05 - Coastguards say Santa Barbara oil cleanup could take “months”
- 21/05 - Santa Barbara coast devastated by nightmare oil spill
- 14/05 - LE MAG - Solo yachtswoman and journalist Catherine Chabaud wins Woman of the Year…
- 11/05 - FUTURIS - Saving water from waste in chemical plants
- 30/04 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: EU under fire over migrant policy
- 28/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs tell shoppers to pay more for plastic bags
- 20/04 - Israel: Haifa mayor orders closure of refineries amid cancer scare
- 06/04 - FUTURIS - Slik operation: new device to remove oil from troubled waters
- 06/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s worse than oil spills?
- 09/03 - Solar Impulse plane takes off on historic round-the-world flight
- 06/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU ministers endorse climate pledge ahead of UN conference
- 10/01 - 2015 Africa Eco Race: Ullevalseter clinches penultimate stage
- 01/01 - Norway’s Ullevalseter sets pace in Africa Eco Rally
- 30/12 - 2015 Africa Eco Race: Ullevalseter shines in Morocco
- 05/12 - U TALK - Greenwashing: misleading green advertising
- 01/12 - URBAN VISIONS - Rio’s road to sweet success
- 01/12 - URBAN VISIONS - What’s the future for sugarcane ethanol in Brazil?
- 28/11 - BUSINESS PLANET - Upgrade to the circular economy
- 26/11 - Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city
- 24/11 - TARGET - In Rotterdam everything’s gone green
- 24/11 - Green and Noble? French city Grenoble to get rid of street advertising
- 21/11 - Watch: Eagle captures remarkable footage of London
- 21/11 - REPORTER - Will the Swiss seek fresh curbs on immigration?
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Watching for bubbles: storing CO2 at sea
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a bubble-box?
- 20/10 - FUTURIS - Building houses with bacteria
- 20/10 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can bacteria build houses?
- 10/10 - Do you have a question for French designer Philippe Starck?
- 09/10 - SCIENCE - Artificial coral to protect endangered reefs
- 03/10 - NASA satellite images show Aral Sea basin ‘completely dried’
- 29/09 - FUTURIS - Tomatoes with a can do attitude
- 12/09 - U TALK - Obtaining EU Ecolabel accreditation
- 25/08 - URBAN VISIONS - The winds of change in Austin
- 25/08 - URBAN VISIONS - The challenge of getting renewable energy into our power networks
- 07/07 - FUTURIS - Growing greener fuel for cleaner transport
- 07/07 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can trees move planes?
- 27/06 - REPORTER - Going underground: fault lines exposed in Europe’s nuclear waste…
- 23/06 - URBAN VISIONS - Breathing better in the Big Apple
- 23/06 - URBAN VISIONS - Is the golden age of natural gas upon us?
- 05/06 - FOCUS - Caring for Mexican forests
- 02/06 - FUTURIS - Talking Plants
- 02/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can plants speak?
- 12/05 - FUTURIS - From crab shells to raw materials
- 12/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can crab shells be toxic?
- 06/05 - HI-TECH - A driverless future
- 28/04 - FUTURIS - Longer life for broken eggs
- 18/04 - REPORTER - Double act: Greens dual-presidency candidates to push eco issues on…
- 02/04 - HI-TECH - Tired tyres stripped for a new life
- 31/03 - FUTURIS - Kill the Spill
- 24/03 - FUTURIS - Greener tyres on the road
- 24/02 - NEWS + - European elections 2014: Greens aim for EU ‘renewal’
- 24/02 - FUTURIS - Algae and Olives
- 24/02 - FUTURIS - Is olive oil greener with algae?
- 21/02 - REPORTER - Troubled waters: the hidden legacy of chemical weapons dumping
- 14/02 - REPORTER - Shale shock: gas exploration fuels future energy debate in UK
- 27/01 - FUTURIS - A smart move to energy efficient airports
- 27/01 - FUTURIS - Which needs more energy: city or airport?
- 27/12 - LEARNING WORLD - Air, Fire and Water
- 07/11 - THE NETWORK - UN COP19 Climate Change Conference in Warsaw
- 08/10 - REAL ECONOMY - Green growth: a viable option for Europe?
- 20/09 - REPORTER - Black River, Dark Future