World news about “Ecology” published by euronews.
With water shortages a growing problem around the world recycling waste water has become increasingly important. European researchers have come up with a cheap and efficient tool to control the safety standards of waste water in a development that should boost the recycling…
FUTURIS | 07/09 12:30 CET
Whey from cheese production and other agricultural waste can be a valuable raw material for new biodegradable plastic. A European research…
13/08 14:26 CET
Today, August 13, is Earth Overshoot Day, meaning that in less than…
FUTURIS | 27/07 11:24 CET
The grassy banks of the river Barrow in Ireland may look unproductive…
24/07 15:23 CET
Sickening new footage has emerged claiming to show pilot whales being…
SCIENCE | 09/07 15:09 CET
Visitors to Iceland are getting a new perspective on one of…
SCIENCE | 08/07 11:06 CET
The Salton Sea, California’s largest lake, is shrinking. The…
BUSINESS PLANET | 26/06 11:25 CET
For 40 years the port of Kalundborg in Denmark has been a world…
ON THE FRONTLINE | 24/06 17:39 CET
The illegal dumping of domestic and sometimes even hazardous…
- 24/06 - ON THE FRONTLINE - Environmental pollution: full debate
- 22/06 - FUTURIS - Waste not, want not: Ghana’s mushrooming bio-waste initiative
- 18/06 - Pope Francis bestrides global diplomacy with his environment encyclical
- 18/06 - What is Pope Francis’ encyclical on the future of our planet?
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Helping farms produce more crops with less water
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can crops grow without water?
- 22/05 - Mixed reaction to French plans to force supermarkets to donate unsold food
- 22/05 - Coastguards say Santa Barbara oil cleanup could take “months”
- 21/05 - Santa Barbara coast devastated by nightmare oil spill
- 14/05 - LE MAG - Solo yachtswoman and journalist Catherine Chabaud wins Woman of the Year…
- 11/05 - FUTURIS - Saving water from waste in chemical plants
- 30/04 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: EU under fire over migrant policy
- 28/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs tell shoppers to pay more for plastic bags
- 20/04 - Israel: Haifa mayor orders closure of refineries amid cancer scare
- 06/04 - FUTURIS - Slik operation: new device to remove oil from troubled waters
- 06/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s worse than oil spills?
- 09/03 - Solar Impulse plane takes off on historic round-the-world flight
- 06/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU ministers endorse climate pledge ahead of UN conference
- 10/01 - 2015 Africa Eco Race: Ullevalseter clinches penultimate stage
- 01/01 - Norway’s Ullevalseter sets pace in Africa Eco Rally
- 30/12 - 2015 Africa Eco Race: Ullevalseter shines in Morocco
- 05/12 - U TALK - Greenwashing: misleading green advertising
- 01/12 - URBAN VISIONS - Rio’s road to sweet success
- 01/12 - URBAN VISIONS - What’s the future for sugarcane ethanol in Brazil?
- 28/11 - BUSINESS PLANET - Upgrade to the circular economy
- 26/11 - Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city
- 24/11 - TARGET - In Rotterdam everything’s gone green
- 24/11 - Green and Noble? French city Grenoble to get rid of street advertising
- 21/11 - Watch: Eagle captures remarkable footage of London
- 21/11 - REPORTER - Will the Swiss seek fresh curbs on immigration?
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Watching for bubbles: storing CO2 at sea
- 10/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a bubble-box?
- 20/10 - FUTURIS - Building houses with bacteria
- 20/10 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can bacteria build houses?
- 10/10 - Do you have a question for French designer Philippe Starck?
- 09/10 - SCIENCE - Artificial coral to protect endangered reefs
- 03/10 - NASA satellite images show Aral Sea basin ‘completely dried’
- 29/09 - FUTURIS - Tomatoes with a can do attitude
- 12/09 - U TALK - Obtaining EU Ecolabel accreditation
- 25/08 - URBAN VISIONS - The winds of change in Austin
- 25/08 - URBAN VISIONS - The challenge of getting renewable energy into our power networks
- 07/07 - FUTURIS - Growing greener fuel for cleaner transport
- 07/07 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can trees move planes?
- 27/06 - REPORTER - Going underground: fault lines exposed in Europe’s nuclear waste…
- 23/06 - URBAN VISIONS - Breathing better in the Big Apple
- 23/06 - URBAN VISIONS - Is the golden age of natural gas upon us?
- 05/06 - FOCUS - Caring for Mexican forests
- 02/06 - FUTURIS - Talking Plants
- 02/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can plants speak?
- 12/05 - FUTURIS - From crab shells to raw materials
- 12/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can crab shells be toxic?
- 06/05 - HI-TECH - A driverless future
- 28/04 - FUTURIS - Longer life for broken eggs
- 18/04 - REPORTER - Double act: Greens dual-presidency candidates to push eco issues on…
- 02/04 - HI-TECH - Tired tyres stripped for a new life
- 31/03 - FUTURIS - Kill the Spill
- 24/03 - FUTURIS - Greener tyres on the road
- 24/02 - NEWS + - European elections 2014: Greens aim for EU ‘renewal’
- 24/02 - FUTURIS - Algae and Olives
- 24/02 - FUTURIS - Is olive oil greener with algae?
- 21/02 - REPORTER - Troubled waters: the hidden legacy of chemical weapons dumping
- 14/02 - REPORTER - Shale shock: gas exploration fuels future energy debate in UK
- 27/01 - FUTURIS - A smart move to energy efficient airports
- 27/01 - FUTURIS - Which needs more energy: city or airport?
- 27/12 - LEARNING WORLD - Air, Fire and Water
- 07/11 - THE NETWORK - UN COP19 Climate Change Conference in Warsaw
- 05/11 - HI-TECH - Hotel boasts ecological credentials, claims to be South Africa’s…
- 08/10 - REAL ECONOMY - Green growth: a viable option for Europe?
- 20/09 - REPORTER - Black River, Dark Future
- 16/09 - FUTURIS - Aviation: from scrap to eco-design
- 06/09 - BUSINESS PLANET - New energy and new directions in Bulgaria