BREAKING NEWS

Now Reading:

Gas explosion rips through China restaurant


China

Gas explosion rips through China restaurant

Two people have been killed and 55 others injured as an explosion ripped through a busy restaurant in the Chinese city of Hangzhou.

Authorities believe the explosions were caused by gas cylinders.

Fire engulfed the shop sending plumes of smoke into the air. Windows were blown out and the street was littered with debris. Passengers on a nearby bus were also caught in the blast.

Those injured were taken to hospital, 12 are said to be in a serious condition.

Firefighters were quick to respond and have since put out the blaze. An investigation is already underway.

Explosions are fairly common in China, as safety rules aren’t often enforced. Central government has pledged to improve checks to avert such accidents.